This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marekD-5 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 6, 2019 at 3:50 pm #3750641

marekD-5

Hi, my website is not showing up. Pages and entries are translated but can not be seen. The icon for changing the language is on the left at the bottom of the page. I am using an element but the entry templates are translated.
for example
hidden link
hidden link

The slider on the home page does not display well.
It's made in sliderrevolutions and translated according to instructions
hidden link

May 7, 2019 at 8:54 am #3755585

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

So just to confirm - all the entries like "Jak uzyskać kwalifikację" are translated as well?

Can I ask you the following then? In order to debug this issue, can you install Duplicator plugin and create package so that I can try this on my localhost and possibly escalate further to 2nd tier?

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know if this is OK with you.

If yes, I will need WordPress admin username and password so I could download those packages. I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/
Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 7, 2019 at 11:24 am #3757029

marekD-5

See how WPML would not load the post template. In addition, the sidebar is OCEAN WP style and not Elementor style. The Polish version is displayed correctly.

May 7, 2019 at 11:26 am #3757077

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you tell me if you have a staging site perhaps? If yes, can you please check if this issue appears when:

- only WPML plugins are activated, as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin
- theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Nineteen as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme

I am wondering if this is related to perhaps theme or a caching, so let's exclude this.

If you don't have a stating site, can I ask you the following then? In order to debug this issue , can you install Duplicator plugin and create package so that I can try this on my localhost and possibly escalate further to 2nd tier?

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know if this is OK with you. Please use Duplicator filters to exclude uploads folder, since I wouldn't need images for this.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 7, 2019 at 3:40 pm #3759843

marekD-5

I changed the theme for a moment and it is even worse because there is no sidebar and post. So it's probably not a fault of the theme. The duplikator is installed and there is a package from today you can download and try on your local server.

May 8, 2019 at 8:13 am #3764429

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

On my localhost, it only doesn't work when Elementor Pro active - it is only then when the content does not show up. Can you tell me how did you create those posts - using Elementor template perhaps? Have you translated this template?

We could consider emulating the same scenario on our sandbox site, simply to exclude a possible compatibility issue, but this may be the case here however, since it doesn't work on minimal installation on my localhost.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 9, 2019 at 1:36 pm #3776619

marekD-5

I made a video of how I make a template and post and how I translate it.

hidden link

May 9, 2019 at 9:08 pm #3779367

marekD-5

Hi, I've installed Elementor and Elementor PRO and I translate just like on my site and the entries translate and display. Then I installed the OCEAN WP theme that I have on my site and it's OK. So why it does not work on my site. Maybe you need to restart some WPML settings. What is your idea?

May 10, 2019 at 3:10 pm #3786051

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I've asked our 2nd tier about this. I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 11, 2019 at 6:18 am #3789763

marekD-5

Hi,
I got the answer from Elementor support. You'll see maybe it will help.

Hi,

For theme builder elements- Don't set a display condition for your other languages and it will automatically work taking the condition from your original language ( only entire site is supported at the moment like this ).

For example - hidden link ( this one might be a bit different because this uses the wpml translation service which you don't actually need. Also, the UI has changed a bit. Now the theme builder parts are under Templates > Theme builder ) rest of the parts are same.

If nothing helps send me your wp-admin admin access.

May 13, 2019 at 8:40 am #3796111

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

For theme builder elements- Don't set a display condition for your other languages and it will automatically work taking the condition from your original language ( only entire site is supported at the moment like this ).

That would make sense if you don't plan to translate these elements. Does it work in your case, have you tried this? You would need to find these on WPML -> Settings -> Post Types Translation (or directly on template).

Can you also try this:
- is this happening with newly created posts and their translations?
- do you have any errors in the debug.log file?

You can get debug.log thourh this:

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Reproduce the issue - open the page/post for which the content doesn't show up.

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 13, 2019 at 11:41 am #3797595

marekD-5

Translate post is OK only picture.

In the English version, the post does not display the picture assigned to the post. If I want to choose him, I do not see him in the media.
I use Media Library Folders PRO

Can I copy photos automatically to a post. I mean the picture that distinguishes the post

May 13, 2019 at 1:13 pm #3798505

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can I copy photos automatically to a post. I mean the picture that distinguishes the post

How do you add these images on originals posts? Are you using featured images (WordPress default), or?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 13, 2019 at 1:33 pm #3798793

marekD-5

Hi, i use Media Library Folders PRO

May 13, 2019 at 2:12 pm #3799281

marekD-5

Hi,
Everything is working. Thank you for your help. I will still need to translate the plugins, but it will be in some time.