This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 1:24 pm #3664281

svenB-6

Hi, We have detected a network attack from an IP ( 91.223.195.146 ) from your network, a computer connected to it is probably infected and being part of a botnet. Please check it and fix it up as soon as possible. Thank you.

This is the message I am getting from our IT department.

Our website : hidden link is getting hacked from outside.
This can not be the purpose of our business.
We believe there is a security breach in the wordpress files.

Please advise

April 24, 2019 at 7:06 am #3669729

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

May I ask how is this WPML related or in other words, do you have any information you can provide which shows that there is a security breach pointing to any of WPML plugins/addons?

Because security and hacking fixes it not within our scope of support and I definitely advise to reach out our Contractors for further debugging/site checking and implementation of possible security measures.
https://wpml.org/contractors/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 26, 2019 at 12:20 pm #3690581

svenB-6

Dear Bruno,

Our website has been hacked for one or other reason.
We have no idea how this is possible while there is nothing important to find on our website just basic information.
All teh updates from wordpress have been ok,

April 26, 2019 at 2:59 pm #3691739

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Our website has been hacked for one or other reason.

I see, but fixing this it not within our scope of support and I definitely advise to reach out our Contractors for further debugging/site checking and implementation of possible security measures.
https://wpml.org/contractors/

If they find that WPML or any of its addons is how intruder entered the site, please reach back to me. But I am unable to assist on this at this point.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 26, 2019 at 3:11 pm #3691909

svenB-6

I am reaching to you people because we have had an e-mail from WPML that one of your former employees left the company taking a lot off valuable information...

How can these contractors assist us in anyway?

April 26, 2019 at 3:54 pm #3692163

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I am reaching to you people because we have had an e-mail from WPML that one of your former employees left the company taking a lot off valuable information...

Yes, it was a very unfortunate event for us, that's why we suggested to our clients to update passwords, etc:
https://wpml.org/2019/01/wpml-org-site-back-to-normal-after-an-attack-during-the-weekend/

How can these contractors assist us in anyway?

They can check if your site has perhaps some malicious code added, recommended extra security measures, add security plugin, etc - in other words, suggest anything that is related to WordPress security, which is quite broad topic in itself.

Regards,
Bruno Kos