Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alex Paulsen 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
November 22, 2017 at 12:56 pm #1438116

Alex Paulsen

Hello,

I am setting up an additional language on my website. It will take a while, which is why I've chosen to hide language from visitors until I am ready to launch it.

However, as I am translating pages to this new language, I find that it is not possible for me - the administrator of the site - to preview the pages I am translating. When I click Preview, the new tab just opens the current frontpage of the site's main language.

I'm wondering if this is caused by my hiding the new language. But this should of course still be available to me for development purposes. How can I solve this, so I can preview pages in the hidden language?

Thanks for a great set of plugins. 🙂

BR,
Alex

November 24, 2017 at 12:50 pm #1440392

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

Please go to Your Profile->Edit Profile -> Enable option "Display hidden languages"

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 2.49.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 2.49.47 PM.png
November 30, 2017 at 9:22 am #1445536

Alex Paulsen

Hi Bobby, thanks for your reply, that did the trick. Keeping that in mind next time. 🙂

BR,
Alex