This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 17, 2018 at 7:03 am #2739804

ivanN-10

We have 3 languages (zh-hant, zh-hans and en) in the blog, and we want to hide 1 of them from visitors. We set the hide option to the language, and it works fine. However, we have an external system that would regularly crawl for the json result of the tags and categories by different languages - even the language that is hidden to the public. When the language is hidden in WPML option, the endpoint for the json result is not accessible.

Traditional Chinese (default language, works fine)
hidden link

Simplified Chinese (not hidden, works fine)
hidden link

English (hidden, endpoint inaccessible)
hidden link

It only works if we remove the language from the language hidden list.

Any suggestion?
Thanks.

September 18, 2018 at 8:56 am #2744094

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

For your kind updates, there are limitations to achieve this requirement. In order to view a hidden language, we have to make changes in the User Profile. Please check this image for more details - hidden link

So we can only achieve this by changing the User Profile *Display hidden languages* settings. Please try it and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Hide a specific language but not the JSON result for tags and categories’ is closed to new replies.