This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
January 25, 2019 at 11:33 am #3128761

hooiC

I am trying to: i have hidden the language i am working on development site( hidden link) under wpml-language-hide language. i also enable my own user profile to display hidden language. when i click on
hidden link, i can 't see the language display. but how i can as the user see the language on the website?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: as a user to see the language on the website so i can work on it without others seeing the language

Instead, I got: i can't see the language on the website, though i have enable enable my own user profile to display hidden language.

January 25, 2019 at 11:58 am #3128792

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Can you please double check, i found no hidden language, and the profile user option for the user hooic was not set. I tested hiding Irish language and everything worked as expected. I reverted back all my changes.
See this attached image for a non connected user during my test, the irish language did not appear and it was appearing for the connected user with the option to view hidden language set.

Maybe it is not the right server, and the issue is with another server ?
Let me know what you get.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 25, 2019 at 12:22 pm #3128857

hooiC

Hi Jamal . thank again for your help. I set the display language to the wrong user in the user profile! Now i can see it once i enable to display language to myself as the user.