This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 26, 2019 at 3:55 pm #4290863

farazN

The first thing is you see on my picture i want to hide the previous language in the top bar. Nobody has to see the language in the tob bar. And there is some issue with the Telephone number in the Top Bar you will see on the picture. I want that it shows the Telephone number on one line like the desktop version Could you give me a code there?

The next problem is it shows the flag and the Language which is used in the footer section you will see on the picture. How can i hide that? You will see the picture i want to hide this you will see the picture

July 26, 2019 at 8:07 pm #4291727

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. The language selector that is located at the top of your site is being added by your theme. I am not sure if there is any option to disable this, but the author of your theme seems to be entering this automatically if WPML is enabled. In this case, you should look for some option to disable this within your theme options.

Over the phone, just like the language selector, is also a feature of your theme. In this case, you should contact the author of your theme to ask why the phone is displaying incorrectly in mobile view.

In the footer language selector you can disable this in WPML > Languages > Menu language switcher. There must be some language selector you entered in the footer. You should simply remove this language selector from footer and it should no longer be displayed.

Thank you.

July 26, 2019 at 8:39 pm #4291755

farazN

OK thank you for your reply i will write the author of this Theme but my problem is not resolved there is any option to disable it.

I want just to disable the current language in the footer section with the dropdown Menue in The Header.

I just want to hide The Flag and Language from the current language in the footer

is there any css code?

July 26, 2019 at 8:41 pm #4291757

farazN

I want Hide the active language in the footer Section while i using the dropdown menu

July 26, 2019 at 9:00 pm #4291799

Bruno
Supporter

On your site, there are two language selectors in the footer. One that is dropdown (which is on the menu) and another really on the footer.

The footer that is set right at the bottom of the page is added and changed by following the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Languages > Footer language switcher
- Click on the Pencil to edit the footer settings
- Uncheck the "Current language" option
- Click on the Save button

I will attach two images for you to see. About the dropdown menu, unfortunately, it is not possible to disable the current language option, even with CSS, because the menu needs to have an item by default - in WPML this item by default is the current language.

To do this, you would need to write a custom menu: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/custom-language-switcher/

July 26, 2019 at 9:51 pm #4291959

farazN

ok i understand you but it is realy not possible to just hide that there?

because i need the links in the widgets maybe you can help me do that multilingual if

i remove the main menu links in the footer widgets

July 29, 2019 at 5:27 pm #4302567

Bruno
Supporter

>>> ok i understand you but it is realy not possible to just hide that there?

As I explained earlier, it is not possible to hide the current language in a dropdown selector. Unless you create custom code for it. As this is a custom feature, unfortunately, this is beyond the scope of our support.

We have a list of WPML hooks and the documentation that can help you develop such feature, which can be seen in the links below:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-coding-api/wpml-hooks-reference
- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/custom-language-switcher/

If you prefer, you can contact one of our certified partners who can develop small to large features for your site: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

In this case, the best option would be either to create custom coding or use the language selector other than a dropdown.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.