This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 3:00 pm #4239877

karinB-11

Hi everyone

I just installed your plugin and it is great. I just have a simple problem other users also had and Im looking for a general CSS solution to fix it.

On every page I translate it's showing the page title, that I don't want to see. For the original sites, the theme settings are hiding these, but it doesnt work for the translated sites.

I already tried to change the permalink, but that doesn't help. So Im looking for a CSS code I can implent, that hides all the page titles of the translated sites.

An example you can find in the attachment. Here are the links:

hidden link
hidden link

July 18, 2019 at 3:59 pm #4240559

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1. If you want to keep exact page layout on all languages:
- Either you can duplicate original page to secondary language and then translate text of secondary page.
- Or you can mark page settings fields to as copy from WPML >> Settings >> Multilingual Content Setup >> Custom Fields Translation so that it will maintain the same value in both pages.

Here is step by step doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

OR

2. Here is CSS solution for hiding page title. Please add below CSS in WPML >> Languages > Additional CSS section:

:lang(de) .title_holder .title_subtitle_holder {
   display: none !important;
}

And it will look as in the attached screenshot.

Thank you