Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
June 23, 2020 at 12:39 pm #6434715

marieA-9

Tell us what you are trying to do?

We have 4 language variants on our site: hidden link

I usually update pages from the UK/Rest of World and then they go into the translation queue for the administrators from the other variants to look at and update.

The feedback has been that they are not updating because they cannot see the updates that I have made (sometimes these are small-things like urls for example).

Can what has been updated be specifically highlighted? Or do you have any other advice?

Are there are user guides as we were not given any when this plug-in was implemented by our previous agency.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

No-none was provided

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

June 24, 2020 at 7:42 pm #6447555

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I noticed when using the WPML Classic Translation Editor the field for translation becomes unchecked for edited content, so it helps translators to easily find what was updated in the default language, when using the Advanced Classic Translation Editor it also allow translators to know what needs to be edited as described at: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/professional-translation-via-wpml/updating-translations-without-resubmitting-them-to-a-translation-service/.

Actually it doesn't highlight the content in the default language as a visual aid, however it clearly shows what changes were made in the default language content. Do you see anything different in your case? Please, let me know, have a nice day.