Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
October 14, 2019 at 8:16 am

vaidaK-2

I am trying to: I want to open home page in alternative (English) language, but it still opens in the original (Norwegian) language. The English language button do not work.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen :hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link

October 14, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4751095

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please follow the below steps and let me know how it goes?

1. Could you please make sure you have translated your site home page completely as it is necessary, the contents you are viewing on the front-end must be translated.

2. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased, it's different than php memory. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default in your site. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

3. Please delete all sort of caches on your site / server cache / plugin cache (LiteSpeed Cache) / CDN cache (if any), clear browser cache and then check the page. I would suggest to disable LiteSpeed Cache plugin temporarily.

4. If still issue persists, please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Seventeen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Thank you

October 15, 2019 at 8:38 am #4755479

vaidaK-2

Hi, thank you for reply. I increased WP memory and checked if everything is translated in Hjem page. Unfortunately not every content of this page is translated. I see it, if I go straight to translated page "Home", but when I check WPML - Translations - page "Hjem" is marked as completed. Is is also shows the same thing when I check all the sections in the "Hjem" page in WPML. All fields are translated and it is written that translation is 100 per cent complete. I started to check every field and and noticed that some fields with Norwegian texts are missing. That is why, it is not translated. I simply can not find fields with information, which have to be translated. What are you suggest to do now?

October 16, 2019 at 8:51 am #4763597

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for doing above steps, To take a closer look on this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site, so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Home page do not react to other language button’ is closed to new replies.