Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 hours, 48 minutes ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
November 15, 2019 at 10:11 am #4952525

aleksandraP-6

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to get the english translation to work in the page but it redirects me to 404 page, but any other menu item is translated. All the pages are translated but i cant get it to work

Is there any documentation that you are following? yes, the official on your page

What is the link to your site? in-cro.com

November 18, 2019 at 2:58 pm #4966117

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Does it happen with all pages?

It works correctly on the back-end but on front-end it returns a 404 error, correctly? If so, please try the following:
- Go to Settings > Permalinks
- Select a different permalink
- Save

It will regenerate your permalink structure. After these steps, does the error 404 still happen?

Please let us know if it worked for you.

November 20, 2019 at 4:06 pm #4982041

aleksandraP-6

It happens only in homepage. I am using a component in my theme and it doesnt translate it anywhere on the page (homepage or anywhere else!)

November 20, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4982283

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

If you don't mind I'll continue to work with you on this ticket.

I visited the English homepage and it did not return a 404 error. But the page does not seem to be translated, see the attached image.
I suppose that the redirect has been resolve since you opened the ticket.

Complete the homepage translation if it is not yet completed. Purge any cache if present.
If this does not help, on your test site, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only WPML plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

About the theme component that does not translate, can you give more details? Is it an Elementor widget? A shortcode?

Best regards,
Jamal

November 22, 2019 at 11:35 am #4996961

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

The homepage uses custom Elementor widgets as you can see in the attached images. The widgets names start with "27", I assume they are added in theme.

Those widgets might need custom configuration to work. Check this article on how to configure those widgets https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

Please, ask the plugin author to join our Go Global Program https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/ in order to make the plugin fully compatible with WPML.

If you can reproduce this in one of our clean installs, I would escalate it to our compatibility team. Here information to access a clean server, please configure WPML, install your theme and reproduce any widget that you would need our help with.
Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: q6AMui16WOs6

Best regards,
Jamal

November 22, 2019 at 12:01 pm #4997445

aleksandraP-6

I cant send the creator a invitation to goglobal programe since i have purchased my theme from Themeforest page (hidden link).

Also i dont have any server space so i can install the cean theme and this plugin..i really dont have any idea how to solve this. I can only send the theme to you so you can check the problem?

November 22, 2019 at 12:33 pm #4997741

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Please connect to our test server with the information bellow:

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: q6AMui16WOs6

Then perform the following actions:
1. Configure WPML similarly to your website(default language+additional language).
2. Install the theme hidden link
3. Create a home page with some of the theme widgets

Let me check it then to see how I can configure those widgets.

Finally, If you can provide the author's email, our compatibility team will contact him.

Best regards,
Jamal

November 23, 2019 at 12:02 pm #5003903

aleksandraP-6

Hi, i have set as close as possible so you can check it.

November 23, 2019 at 1:52 pm #5004361

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I removed all the created pages and posts, then configured Translation Management and created some pages(homepage, blog, and woocommerce pages). Then I translated all pages and set the homepage and blog in Settings->Reading.
The homepage is working for both languages here too.

To continue on the Homepage Widgets and try to make them translatable, please add some widgets to the homepage and let me check them. If I could not make them translatable, I'll escalate the ticket to our compatibility developers.

Best regards,
Jamal

November 27, 2019 at 9:59 am #5027671

aleksandraP-6

i did everything but still cant get it to work. Really cant figure it out!!

November 27, 2019 at 4:28 pm #5031073

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I checked your website again, the translation is working, without 404 errors, but the content is not translated. As I explained before, because of the incompatible Elementor Widgets used in the site.

The widgets need to be compatible, https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

Please reproduce the widgets that you want to translate in the test server and I'll do my best to fix them. Otherwise, I'll approach our compatibility team.
Please note that I cannot ask for compatibility team help unless I reproduced the error on one of our test servers.

Best regards,
Jamal

December 3, 2019 at 9:19 pm #5064543

aleksandraP-6

I talked to the theme developers and they say its now WPML compatible and they wont work on that so i cant use WPML at all!
Is there any way i can get the money back?

December 4, 2019 at 10:40 am #5067313

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Just create the homepage on the test server, similarly to your website and we'll do our best to make the theme's widgets(Elementor widgets) compatible.

Best regards,
Jamal

December 7, 2019 at 10:24 am #5086725

aleksandraP-6

Hi, i did create a similar homepage but talking to theme developers they said it cant be translated at all.

December 7, 2019 at 12:54 pm #5087433

Jamal
Supporter

That's not true! You can always translate manually any page.

Can you show me the homepage that you created? A URL maybe? I visited all pages in the test site and they are not built using Elementor and these special theme widgets?

If you create a page, I can help to make them translatable through our translation editors. The last solution is to translate the page manually.