This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by harrisD 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 5, 2020 at 2:28 pm #5841965

harrisD

In my home page i have translated all components, but there are many issues.
For instance, some blocks are not extend full width, some images not appears, and one plugin (maps) is not working

April 7, 2020 at 12:39 am #5852507

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Are the settings being made the same in both languages?

For example, for these full-width options for some modules, you must have configured this in the default language. In the secondary language, are these same options selected in the same way?

Thank you.

April 7, 2020 at 2:43 pm #5858443

harrisD

Yes, If i understand right your questions.
All settings are the same and i made the translations the usual way

April 7, 2020 at 4:07 pm #5859117

Bruno
Supporter

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

April 7, 2020 at 8:27 pm #5860827

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. In which option do you set the row width? For example, if you want to change this to the default language, what option should I see?

Thank you.

April 7, 2020 at 8:59 pm #5860903

harrisD

see screen shot

April 8, 2020 at 11:18 pm #5870231

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. This does not seem to be related to this page builder option. This seems to be related to "WP Google Map Pro". As soon as I disable this plugin, the page is rendered correctly.

Also, as a test, I duplicated this page to test and even an exact copy of the page, the problem still persists. This appears to be some "WP Google Map Pro" configuration.

I'm going to test it a little more, but it doesn't seem to be related to WPML. This appears to be some "WP Google Map Pro" configuration or some custom "Visual Composer" configuration.

Thank you.

April 9, 2020 at 10:01 am #5874593

harrisD

Yes, you are right. WP google maps is the problem. To be exact, it needs to assign location for Greek version to render properly. I did that and everything seems ok.

The thing is that i do not have any option for location maps from the regular translation method. So i had to edit Greek version indepntly.
I don't know if this causes any problems. It is not convenient any way

April 9, 2020 at 3:35 pm #5877527

Bruno
Supporter

Depending on how the plugin works, this is the only way to edit the content. Changing it directly in the secondary language should not cause any problems.

After editing this content, please let me know if your website is working as intended or if it keeps breaking the layout.

Thank you.

April 9, 2020 at 3:57 pm #5877665

harrisD

everything works fine know.
My concerns is (and always was) if i can edit secondary languages directly, because in many cases seems that is the easiest way.
For example, in this template, header was displayed in greek version even it was disabled in English. So, again, i edited the Greek version directly, and problem solved.

So, in general, it is permitted to edit according to my needs. Either directly, either through WPML > Translations ?

April 9, 2020 at 4:16 pm #5878023

Bruno
Supporter

So, I don't think this should cause any problems, because these options probably won't be edited when you change the content in WPML > Translation.

That is, as I understand it, some options that you configure in the primary language are not synchronized with the secondary language. Therefore, editing the problem directly is solved.

Regarding the header issue, it seems that you should make this option "Copy" so that it is synchronized with the secondary language. I will attach an image for you to see.

Thank you.

April 9, 2020 at 6:34 pm #5878905

harrisD

Yes you said it right. Synchronization is the problem.
I will keep that header thing in mind.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!