This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Janatan Snippert 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
February 17, 2019 at 9:57 am #3208857

Janatan Snippert

Hi, I recently Updated wpml and I observed some wired behavior.
My home page is
hidden link
after clicking on this link it open the last post, product or page which have been edited. However, hidden link work fine!

February 18, 2019 at 1:06 pm #3212327

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you provide debug information so I could get a better view of your current setup? I have enabled debug information for this ticket and this is how you can easily provide this info:
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

In the meanwhile, can you please check if this issue appears when:

- only WPML plugins are activated, as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin
- theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Seventeen as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme

Please make a full backup of your site before trying this or make these changes on a staging/development site!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 18, 2019 at 1:50 pm #3212576

Janatan Snippert

Debug information added.

February 18, 2019 at 2:53 pm #3212796

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you tell me if you have a staging/development site? Can you ask your host if they can provide one? Also, so this started happening after WPML 4.2.0 update, or?

Also, can you please check if this issue appears when:

- only WPML plugins are activated, as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin
- theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Seventeen as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme

I see that you have a handful of plugins, also some caching plugins and wondering if any of these interfere with WPML.

Please make a full backup of your site before trying this or make these changes on a staging/development site!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 18, 2019 at 3:48 pm #3213159

Janatan Snippert

There is already a migrated version of site:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/site-is-broken-on-none-default-language-for-not-logged-in-users/
February 19, 2019 at 8:24 am #3215393

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I can see that you've tried migrating the site onto hidden link.

However, it doesn't seem to work as you noted, perhaps migration has failed due to large site.

Since Marcos Vinicios Barreto is trying to get a Duplicator copy of your site so that he can debug another issue you're having, would you like me to resign this thread to him as well? Let me know.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 24, 2019 at 7:23 am #3236280

Janatan Snippert

Hi, It is okay to resign this issue to Marcos Vinicios Barreto, Thanks

February 25, 2019 at 9:59 pm #3242217

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I tried your website either at hidden link and hidden link and it is properly showing the homepage. Can you please tell me if the issue happen while you are logged in or logged out? I tried it logged out and everything seems to be working as it should, maybe you are having some cache issues as the ones we are dealing at: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/site-is-broken-on-none-default-language-for-not-logged-in-users/.

In any case, I would ask you to clear any browser cache, WPRocket cache, server cache or so and test your website again in order to try to replicate this issue, it is also of help to access both urls in a different browser, device and network. Please, let me know if you still see the issue happening. Have a nice day.

February 27, 2019 at 6:50 am #3248610

Janatan Snippert

Hi, this issue happen while a user is logged in, I cleared all cashes and the problem still remained. I tried it with another computer on a different network, and the problem persisted; however, it only occur on Google chrome.

February 27, 2019 at 6:55 pm #3252240

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. During my troubleshooting using your test website at hidden link I activated a plugin that is cause a fatal error in the staging environment. I would need some FTP access to this test website in order to force a deactivation for this plugin and proceed with the issue troubleshooting in order to give you a detailed and accurate answer on how to solve the redirection issue. Thank you for your colllaboration and continued patience. Have a nice day.

March 7, 2019 at 9:06 pm #3286988

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry for the long delay here, I was on vacation and for some reason the person who replaced me missed your ticket. I took a detailed look in your website and noticed there's a redirect rule in your WordPress Dashboard > Yoast SEO > Redirects which seems to be the cause of this issue, please, delete it and confirm if you still see the issue.

Note: Just to clarify the cause of the fatal error of my previous reply was your WP SMS plugin, if you keep seeing this kind of error please, contact the plugin author for more details.

Please, let me know if you need any additional clarifications and assistance. Have a nice day.

March 9, 2019 at 8:22 am #3297302

Janatan Snippert

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!