This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by khalidA-27 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 1, 2019 at 5:28 pm #3719121

khalidA-27

Hello
After translating home page its title appears under header. Although English version page has title but doesn't appear on site.
How to resolve this?

May 1, 2019 at 9:47 pm #3720021

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

From what I understand, in the English language, the title is not being displayed (as expected)? Or is the title to be displayed on the side of the logo that is in the center? if yes, it seems the problem is the font size of the site title.

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand?

Also, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

May 2, 2019 at 7:16 am #3722281

khalidA-27

Hi

Thanks for reply.

Page title in English is not displayed, It's e-commerce store. You wouldn't find any professional store put page title or any words here. So English is fine.

After translation Arabic title appears which is a problem. I need this title to disappear from home page. Just like original English page.

Thanks

May 2, 2019 at 4:58 pm #3727363

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you. Maybe your theme is not recognizing some setting to hide the title in the secondary language. Please follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Settings > Language switcher options
- Click on the "Additional CSS"
- Insert these lines:

.home .page-title {
    display: none;
}

This will make the title hidden in the homepage. Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

May 2, 2019 at 5:44 pm #3727891

khalidA-27

Hello
Thanks for sharing the code with me.
It works fine now. Thanks

But Language switcher options is under languages not settings 🙂

Thanks 🙂

May 2, 2019 at 5:44 pm #3727893

khalidA-27

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!