If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by George Botsev 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
May 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm #621021

ideaspace

I am facing a problem while translating home page title, home page description and meta keywords. I am adding the translation using the string translation panel. But it is not reflected on the frontend.

My website address is hidden link

Could you please help me on this.....

May 19, 2015 at 6:42 am #621240

Ankit

Hi rondaP,

Thank you for contacting support forum.

Can you please do following for me?

1. Ensure that Translation for the mentioned strings are marked as complete in String Translation module.

2. Deactivate all non-related wpml plugins and switch to default wordpress theme (Twenty Fourteen or Twenty Fifteen), check if similar issue persists or not?

// Note: Please take database backup before performing above mentioned step.

Let me know your response.

Regards
Ankit G.

May 19, 2015 at 2:11 pm #621757

ideaspace

Hi Ankit,

I have tried the steps you mentioned but it is not working for me.

Attached is the screenshot of the string translation page. Also i tried disabling all the plugins and switched to Twenty Fifteen theme.

But I still can't see the translations.

May 20, 2015 at 8:00 am #622269

Ankit

I would request you consider providing me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply (See attachment). The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Regards
Ankit G.

May 20, 2015 at 12:24 pm #622560

Ankit

Hi,

Thanks for providing the credentials.

I have escalated this issue to our second tier support team. They will handle this issue and will get back to you with further updates.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards
Ankit G.

May 22, 2015 at 8:13 am #624059

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

Hello, I am George from second tier support.
I have found out the issue and I reproduced it.
It appears that currently we have problem with these translations, so if you specify a static string there - it is not getting translated. This will be resolved in WPML 3.2 when released.

However if you use the variables for these parameters instead (like in a default WordPress Seo setup) - because they are translated on other place - they will be translated.

As a second workaround, you may want to test our latest beta version - the issue might be resolved there. However I would recommend you to not use that version for production and wait for the release of the stable version.

The topic ‘[Closed] Home Page Title not changing not translating’ is closed to new replies.