If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The problem that I'm trying to solve now is all the images coming from ACF is not showing on the french page. Solution: Edit the translation of the page by using the language switcher from the top admin bar, press the Edit anyway button, and hit the Update button (without making any changes). This will make the images be visible on the translated page.

This topic contains 48 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by guillaumeb-37 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 17, 2019 at 10:32 am #4228693

guillaumeb-37

Hello, I'm working on the translation of a website in local.
The theme is hidden link it's also use hidden link and advanced custom fields.
The home page is using front-page.php and is populated from ACF custom fields. I created a translation of the home page named accueil (french translation) however when I go to home page and use the switcher in the menu it's redirecting me to 404 rather than the accueil page.
Sorry if it's a basic question but its the first time I'm doing a translation.

The website is in local but here is a live link for you to access it if you want to have a look.
hidden link

Could you tell me How I should proceed ideally to get this translation done?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Guillaume

July 17, 2019 at 12:15 pm #4229829

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Guillaume,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Could you give me administrator rights for the account you created for me, please? This way I'll be able to check all the settings and see why is the French translation not working. Also, it would be great if you could move the website online (and maybe add a maintenance plugin on it). Right now I run into the request limit message very often and the website is loading slow since it's on your local computer.

Thanks,
Radu

July 17, 2019 at 12:20 pm #4229909

guillaumeb-37

Thank you for your message Radu, I have a version of the website online but I wanted to finish the translation in local as I'm not sure about what I'm doing and didn't want to mess things up.
However If I have your assistance and it's easier for you., I will install wpml to the online version.
What is the maintenance plugin you want me to install on it ?

July 17, 2019 at 12:40 pm #4230121

guillaumeb-37

Voila, here is the url of the online website hidden link
I created a user with admin privilege same access as on the local site.
I installed the wpml plugins as in local just didn't create the translation of home page like I have done in local because I dont want to mess things up online.
The translation of the home page should be a french translation (accueil).
If you want me to set a maintenance plugin before you access it let me know which one you want me to use.

regards

Guillaume

July 18, 2019 at 9:26 am #4236569

guillaumeb-37

Hello Radu,

Any update on this please.
Don't want to pressure you but I really need to move forward with this.

July 18, 2019 at 10:12 am #4237307

guillaumeb-37

Hello Radu, I have seen you connected on the website.
I'm still working on the local version and was able to create the home page in french.
The problem that I'm trying to solve now is all the content coming from ACF is not showing on the french page.
if you want to check on the .local this is the live link now hidden link
with same credentials.

Thank you for working on my case.

July 18, 2019 at 10:25 am #4237455

Radu
Supporter

Hey Guillaume,

Here's an example of plugin that you can install on your website so the visitors won't be able to see it until everything's done https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-maintenance-mode/. I tried to access the link you attached but I was able to see it just once. After that, I keep receiving the Too Many Connections message. If you install the plugin I suggested, you'll be able to work on the live website and I'll have a look at the custom fields.

Thanks,
Radu

July 18, 2019 at 1:46 pm #4239301

guillaumeb-37

thank you Radu,

I have set the site under maintenance and translated the home page into accueil.
The remaining problems are mostly images coming from ACF fields not being displayed.
You can login with your credentials at
hidden link.

Thank you for your assistance

Guillaume

July 19, 2019 at 6:10 am #4244095

Radu
Supporter

Hey Guillaume,

I checked your website and I could see that you're using both lazy loading and cache. Can you deactivate all the modules of these plugins, then deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML or ACF, and try again to create the homepage, please? From what I've seen, the fact that you had the lazy loading activated made the copy of the images be broken. Basically, they are not missing from the translation, it's just that the path of the images was not created fine and a missing image icon is showing instead of the image.
Please give this a try and tell me how it goes.

Thanks,
Radu

July 19, 2019 at 7:46 am #4244709

guillaumeb-37

Thank you Radu,

That make sense.
Before I do that, could you clarify what you mean about create the homepage again?
I mean, should I delete the page "accueil" and then go through the whole translation process again?
What are the practical steps you want me to follow exactly after deactivating the plugins unrelated with wpml or acf?

Thank you

July 19, 2019 at 11:20 am #4245985

guillaumeb-37

Hello Radu,

Sorry to be insistant, I'm sure you are dealing with many other cases.
Could you give me a reply to this before the end of your day as it's gonna be weekend and I really need to finish this.
Thank ou for your understanding

Guillaume

July 19, 2019 at 1:47 pm #4246797

Radu
Supporter

Hey Guillaume,

Don't worry about the "insistant" part. I do understand that this is something you need to finish this. We're half-way there 🙂
Just deactivate all the plugins not related to WPML and ACF, and create a new page in original language with the same content as the homepage has, then create the translation for it. Once you did this, just let me know how things look this time.

Thanks,
Radu

July 19, 2019 at 4:08 pm #4247443

guillaumeb-37

Hello Radu,

Thank you for getting back to me 🙂
I have deactivated all the plugins except ACF and WPML
I have duplicated the home page and create home2 as well as the translation Acceuil2
The problem seem to be the same all the images coming from ACF fields aren't displaying, unfortunately.

Guillaume

July 22, 2019 at 7:04 am #4254237

guillaumeb-37

Good morning Radu,

I wasn't able to get this to work on Friday.
It would be awesome if we could get to the bottom of this together today.

Cheers

Guillaume

July 22, 2019 at 8:16 am #4254773

Radu
Supporter

Hey Guillaume,

Can you tell me if there's anything I should do in order to see the custom fields in the Home2 page (hidden link), please? I was able to see them when editing the original Home page but this one is not visible when checking it in the front-end (hidden link).
I'm sure we'll be able to sort things out about the images from the custom fields once I'll have access to the custom fields.

Thanks,
Radu