We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The problem that I'm trying to solve now is all the images coming from ACF is not showing on the french page. Solution: Edit the translation of the page by using the language switcher from the top admin bar, press the Edit anyway button, and hit the Update button (without making any changes). This will make the images be visible on the translated page.

This topic contains 48 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by guillaumeb-37 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 22, 2019 at 8:22 am #4254807

guillaumeb-37

Hello Radu,

I can't see the custom fields either in the home2, I used a plugin to duplicate the page because If I was manually creating home2 I had to set all ACF fields to appear on home2 and then fill all these fields manually so I duplicated the page using a plugin.
If it's a problem to duplicate a page that way I will have to do all of it manually.

July 22, 2019 at 9:07 am #4255113

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Guillaume,

The reason why I asked you to create again the homepage is to see if the links to the media elements are gonna be created fine this time. Right now, the link to the image is just a number which is definitely how it should work. Can you create again the homepage (or maybe even just a few media elements (like a gallery), translate the page, and tell me how things work this time, please?

Thanks,
Radu

July 22, 2019 at 12:40 pm #4257287

guillaumeb-37

alright Radu,

I did as you asked and create manually home2 and set the acf fields to show.
All the acf fields display in the home2 dashboard,now.
I then translated into acceuil2 the problem remains the same it seems.
The images coming from acf fields are not showing in the front end of the website nor the testimonials in the testimonial slider.

regards

Guillaume

July 22, 2019 at 1:33 pm #4258009

guillaumeb-37

Hey again Radu,
just for you to know there is another problem.
As you can see form the dashboard, I have custom post types.
I just translated one in "oriental harmonie" > chinese tui-na but the french translation is not showing either on the acceuil2 page.
The problems are probably not related to one another but just so you know

regards

Guillaume

July 23, 2019 at 8:23 am #4263783

guillaumeb-37

Hello Radu,

sorry to get back at you again but it was my intention to make this translation in local and put it online when completed.
Since we did put this online and put the production website in maintenance mode I now have the client on my back complaining.
Could you please do what needs to be done in order to help me solve this today?

Regards

Guillaume

July 23, 2019 at 9:53 am #4264755

Radu
Supporter

Hey Guillaume,

I made a quick check and I could find that there's an issue about ACF images on our list (and my colleagues are still having a look at it). In this case, there's something we can give a try and see how it works. Please delete the French translation of the homepage (from here hidden link, go back to the English version, set to no the Use WPML's Translation Editor option (you can set it to no only for this page), and then create again the translation. You should be able to see the custom fields available for the French translation. Just create everything again and tell me if the images are working this time.
As I said, this issue about images not being copied to the translation is already on our list but the steps I presented my make everything work (as a temporary solution, until we find a solution for the issue).

Thanks,
Radu

July 23, 2019 at 10:10 am #4264973

guillaumeb-37

Thank you for your reply,

I have done as you said, however when I created the translation , I can't see the acf fields (see pictures) after reloading I can see them but nothing displays on the translated page.

I appreciate everything you are doing, going back and forth like this is rather inconvenient.
If there is something that you guys can tweak over there in order to get this to work, please do.

Or even if you need to escalate this to someone else because I'm most likely not the first one experiencing this issue between WPML and ACF.

Thank you for your help and understanding.

July 23, 2019 at 10:52 am #4265271

guillaumeb-37

As it start to be difficult to keep the site in maintenance mode with the client,
Is there a possibility for you to duplicate the site and find how to get this to work in local so in the mean time I can just deactivate wpml and leave the website online in english until you guys can find where is the issue ?

July 23, 2019 at 12:02 pm #4265789

Radu
Supporter

Hey Guillaume,

Please have a look at this article https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ and install the Duplicator plugin on the live website. Once you did that, just create a duplicator package and once it's done, just give me another message so I can download it and create a copy of your website on my computer. This way, you'll be able to get rid of the maintenance mode and I'll continue investigating this on my local computer (using the duplicator package).

Thanks,
Radu

July 23, 2019 at 12:57 pm #4266135

guillaumeb-37

Hey Radu,

here is the wetransfer link to download the installer.php and the compressed archive.

hidden link

Please let me know when you were able to recreate the website in local as I had a "notice" when creating the duplicator files, I want to make sure that everything is working alright for you.

Chat soon.

Guillaume

July 23, 2019 at 8:47 pm #4268867

Radu
Supporter

Hey Guillaume,

I got caught into checking this out and I forgot to send you the message that I was able to clone the website in my computer.
Now, can you tell me how can I make these custom fields appear on the page, please? When I create a new page, they are not available. Is there anything special I need to do? I tried to change the page template but they didn't come up.

Thanks,
Radu

July 23, 2019 at 10:41 pm #4269209

guillaumeb-37

hey Radu,

no problem.
In order to display the custom fields on a new page you must from the wordpress dashboard navigate to custom fields > field groups. there you will see all the custom fields I have created.
Click on the first one to get in the "edit field group" .
There you will see "Location" (see the picture attached)
in order to display the field on a new page, you have to create a new rule.
ex: show this field group if { page - is equal to - "your new page" }.
You must do this for every field group you want to display on your new page.
If you create a new page also think about navigating to setting > reading and set your home page display to a static page > homepage: your page. so your page will be populate by my template front-page.php and display my custom post type as well.

Let me know if yo have any other questions.

Regards

Guillaume

July 25, 2019 at 8:12 am #4280631

guillaumeb-37

Hello Radu,

were you able to display the custom fields?
Any solution in sight to solve this problem for good ?

Regards

Guillaume

July 25, 2019 at 10:07 am #4281667

Radu
Supporter

Hey Guillaume,

I needed to check this out a bit closer and that's why it took a bit more to come back to you. I found that this media not being copied to the translation is already an issue on our list.
However, there's a workaround that I applied on my local copy of the website and made the images appear in the translation too. But first, can you activate back the WPML plugin (I can see, that it's no longer active) so I can try to do the change and see how it goes, please?

Thanks,
Radu

July 25, 2019 at 5:05 pm #4285323

guillaumeb-37

Hello Radu,

thank you for getting back to me.
No worries, I understand it took sometime to look into it.
I had to deactivate the plugin and turn off maintenance mode because the client was pressuring me.
If you think you might be able to look at this tomorrow Friday, could you maybe give a time window so I turn on maintenance mode on and reactivate wpml plugins for you to be able to work on it why not disturbing the client too much.
Thank you for your work and your understanding.

Guillaume