Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The problem that I'm trying to solve now is all the images coming from ACF is not showing on the french page. Solution: Edit the translation of the page by using the language switcher from the top admin bar, press the Edit anyway button, and hit the Update button (without making any changes). This will make the images be visible on the translated page.

This topic contains 48 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by guillaumeb-37 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 30, 2019 at 7:40 am #4305451

guillaumeb-37

Good morning Radu,

how you doin' !?

We are getting there 🙂

I proceeded the way I mentioned above which work. (it's live if you want to check front-page.php)
I couldn't wrap my head around what you proposed with get_posts, it's probably a bit advanced for me and with the client being not happy with the site in maintenance I went to the fastest.
Even though I would love to understand what you were aiming at, asking you to teach me is most likely outside the spectrum of you job here, I understand.
I didn't get how to use the suppress_filters either so I do have a bunch of var and lots of if else statement :s
Do you have a link to a doc that explains how to use this the way you think I should?

Now, there is a minor issue remaining and I believe it to be the last one, finally 😀

From wordpress dashboard mailchimp > audience settings > opt-in settings:
there's the phrase :"To be notified about our commercial actions, check this box" which appear on the checkout for to subscribe to the newsletter.
I have been looking left and right with translation management and string translation but I don't seem to find it anywhere for translation.
Any clues?

Finally, about the first problem you solved for me about the images not displaying from ACF on the translation.
As I'm planing to use the same workflow on my next project, I would like to be able to solve this without having to involve you guys.
Could you tell me or point me to the appropriate documentation for me to be able to understand what you did and how to do it myself?

Thank you

Guillaume

July 30, 2019 at 8:39 am #4305765

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Guillaume,

I'm glad to hear that we're getting closer to the end of the list. I know how important is to back on track and move on with the project 🙂

Regarding the mailchimp text that you asked, please check this hidden link and you should be able to see two fields, one for the text you asked, and one for some other text (in case you'll ever need it too).

Regarding the get_posts part, here's an article I found that might help with some basics about how to use it: hidden link. This function returns an array of posts (like oriental harmonie, for example), and you'll be able to replace all the

<div class="col-lg-5 col-md-5 col-sm-12 mb-3 mb-md-0">
                <div class="card shadow h-100">
            </div>
        </div>

with just one block. You can start by adding this function call to the front-page.php file (you can add it at the end of the file, for example), on your local computer - for a test, and display the page title, images, or content using the values from that array.

Last but not least, there's no documentation or article about how this issue about the images can be fixed. The change I made is just a workaround I found, until this is fixed inside the plugin. All I did was to access this page hidden link, change the language from the top admin bar (from English to French), press the Edit anyway button, and just hit the Update button. This way, all the images were back to normal on the translation page. The images are not saved well on the translation page but this little trick of updating the page manually seems to be doing the job.

Thanks,
Radu

July 30, 2019 at 10:19 am #4306867

guillaumeb-37

Thanks Radu,

you are the man! 😀

I translated the mailchimp subscription phrases, don't know why I couldn't find them !??

For the workaround with the images I understand what you did and I will look into how to use the get_posts as you proposed.

Everything is working, now.

Thank you very much again for all your help and support, I really appreciated it.

Keep it up.

Guillaume

July 30, 2019 at 10:25 am #4306895

guillaumeb-37

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!