This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
January 14, 2019 at 5:25 pm

rossM-12

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
French translation

Instead, I got:

English refresh.

The issue seem to be the translation link doesn't contain ?lang=fr in link and therefore not in the url when clicked. This only seems to happen on the home page other pages work just fine.

If I manually add the query string ?lang=fr to the page it translates no problem.

I have read through the documentation of similar issues and did confirm home url and site url are the same in the options general of wordpress.

January 14, 2019 at 6:05 pm #3089240

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Definitely! The problem is the missing language attribute in the language name link.

By looking into the WPML's settings (I will attach a screenshot), it doesn't seem that the menu is added from there but from somewhere else.

Can you please let me know if you added the menu by using a shortcode somewhere or by custom coding it?

It seems that the language name on the top-right always links to the current link the user is on, not to the other language.

Here is also some very helpful recommendation regarding creating language switcher menus with WPML:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

The topic ‘[Closed] Home page translation link doesn't contain translation query string’ is closed to new replies.