This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 7:28 pm #4192873

cyrusc

I am trying to: select different language on home page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:it translate to french

Instead, I got: same page in english

July 11, 2019 at 9:08 pm #4193133

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

please verify that the homepage is fully translated , if it is not the secondary language will not be accessible

if it is go to WPML-.Language -> Add footer language switcher

does the footer language switcher work ?

let me know your results please

July 12, 2019 at 6:22 pm #4201065

cyrusc

footer language footer works the same way. custom fields will not save and is blocking me from completing the translation

July 12, 2019 at 6:37 pm #4201119

Bobby
Supporter

Without a completed translation the language switcher will not work as expected as the translation does not exist yet

If possible i would like to take a closer look at the backend to further test this issue with the custom fields

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

July 13, 2019 at 12:03 am #4201907

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details !

The page was not saving due to the size of the custom fields all loading together.

all of these custom fields is ok to set them to "copy" or "copy once" this way they dont show in the Translation editor, after doing that i was able to successfully save the translation and it shows as expected here

hidden link

Unfortunately the problem with the language switcher still exists but only in the homepage , notice if you go to About us it will works as expected.

we have seen this behavior before when users have GoDaddy as a host server.. is this your host ? Please go to your database table wp_options and examine the Home and SiteURL fields.

do they have the correct URL in them , and are they both filled in ?

The topic ‘[Closed] home page will only translate if on another page’ is closed to new replies.