Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by quasi 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Denise.

Author Posts
June 2, 2014 at 11:10 am #411213

quasi

Hi,

I'm having a blank page for the secondary language home page (hidden link). I posted about in a threat with the same title but I think they're working on the specific problem from a specific user (http://wpml.org/forums/topic/home-url-in-other-languages-shows-blank-page/#post-408806). Actually I do not get answer or find solution there.

This is a very important and urgent issue (the blank secondary language home page) as the site is online and there are events happening in that language.

June 2, 2014 at 11:45 am #411253

Denise

Hi,

I will try to help you fix this as soon as possible. Please answer a few questions for me.

- Which theme are you using?
- Are you using the latest versions of WordPress and WPML? http://wpml.org/my-account/downloads/
- Are other pages besides the homepage working in your secondary language (french)?
- Does this problem occur when you when you change the Language URL format in WPML - Languages to "Language URL format"?

Thanks,
Denise

June 3, 2014 at 2:43 pm #412274

quasi

Hi Denise,

I'm using a customized version of dessign.net's grid theme (hidden link)
I'm using the latest version of WPML (release date April 28th, 2014) not the beta version.
All other pages are working fine in the secondary language. Links to them also work fine.
And the problem is still there when I change the link format

BUT it is solved now. Like by magic.

The only thing I did is to open the wordpress to search engines (it was closed before) and added the site to my google webmaster tools account (with uploading a sitemap and so one).

So there are 2 possible reasons it could have worked > the sitemap plugin I installed, but I doubt it, OR the robot.txt that has been changed.
Do you think it could be that? I see no other reason.

Thank you for helping me,

q