This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 29, 2019 at 8:25 pm #4303397

schoenmakersS

Dear WPML helpdesk,

I stumble across two problems. I use the Jobify theme and when I use the WPML plugin a part of the homepage disappears and the homepage doesn't translate. Yesterday I only had a section of the homepage disappear when I switch to an other language. Can you help me out?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards, Rene

July 29, 2019 at 8:36 pm #4303471

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

August 1, 2019 at 2:14 pm #4322603

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the providede details. I tried to access your website with the provided details to give it a further look but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be correct. Can you review it please? A private reply is enabled again so you can safely resend the correct access details. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

August 5, 2019 at 6:39 pm #4342567

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. I could manage to migrate your website properly, maybe you entered wrong details for the required fields, in any case I took a detailed look in your website using the migrated copy and noticed from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets > Homepage Widget Area settings your homepage are using different theme builtin widgets to display your homepage sections, here are the steps to translate them.

1 - Feature Callout

1.1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation >Translate texts in admin screensfind the 'widget_jobify_widget_feature_callout' widget and mark the desired fields for translation.

1.2 - Back in the WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation find the 'admin_texts_widget_jobify_widget_feature_callout' text domain and translate its content accordingly, check the field as 'translation complete' and save your changes.

2 - Jobs Spotlight

2.1 - Here, at first place you need to make sure your jobs listings are not expired in your WordPress Dashboard > Jobs Listings > All Jobs otherwise you won't see the jobs posts in any language.

2.2 - Now, you can add regular translations for your job posts listings in your WordPress Dashboard > Jobs Listings > All Jobs, you can click the 'plus' icon in every job listing to add your translations, as you would do for any other post/page.

Note: Maybe you will need to adjust the custom fields translations preferences in order to make the content of your job listing available across your website language, for example the job featured image, listing adress and so on.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

3 - Video

3.1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation >Translate texts in admin screensfind the 'widget_jobify_widget_video' widget and mark the desired fields for translation.

3.2 - Back in the WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation find the 'admin_texts_widget_jobify_widget_video' text domain and translate its content accordingly, check the field as 'translation complete' and save your changes.

4 - Callout

4.1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation >Translate texts in admin screensfind the 'widget_jobify_widget_callout' widget and mark the desired fields for translation.

4.2 - Back in the WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation find the 'admin_texts_widget_jobify_widget_callout' text domain and translate its content accordingly, check the field as 'translation complete' and save your changes.

5 - Feature Callout

5.1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation >Translate texts in admin screens find the 'widget_jobify_widget_callout' widget and mark the desired fields for translation. Note: you would see some different numbers listed under the 'widget_jobify_widget_callout' widget, it happens when you have multiple instances of a same widget in a page, in these cases you would need to expand the number to find the correspondent widget version you need to translate.

5.2 - Back in the WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation find the 'admin_texts_widget_jobify_widget_callout' text domain and translate its content accordingly, check the field as 'translation complete' and save your changes.

See:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

Please, let me know if you need any additional assistance and clarifications, have a nice day.

August 6, 2019 at 8:33 pm #4350421

schoenmakersS

Hi Markos,

Sorry my man it's not you it's me but I still don't get it. Is it possible that we can do some teamviewer or skype i think it's we can be done quick if you can tell or show me. Is that possible?

Have a nice day!

August 7, 2019 at 2:32 am #4351359

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Unfortunately we are not able to provide you with a live support via teamviewer session. Please, tell me your specific questions regarding the steps above, I will be more than happy in providing you the needed details. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

August 8, 2019 at 7:43 pm #4365647

schoenmakersS

Hi Markos,

Too bad. I still don't succeed in translating the homepage and the jobs page also. The featured jobs that I translated don't show a picture. Can you help me out?

Greets

August 9, 2019 at 8:25 pm #4372947

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please, give me some more hours to take another detailed look in your website, I noticed some kind of cache interfering in the translations, even with some strings checked as translation complete, the translations are not reflected in your website frontend, it needs a detailed investigation. I will be back as soon as I have some more details, thank you for your continued patience and understanding, have a nice day.

August 10, 2019 at 5:16 pm #4375843

schoenmakersS

Sure, thank you!

August 12, 2019 at 6:10 pm #4383037

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while waiting for a solution. I took another look and noticed actually the widgets of your homepage only accepts partial translations, for example the widgets title are not being translated and some specific content for example the video widget. It sounds like a compatibility issue here between your theme widgets and WPML itself, in these cases, here are the procedures:

• Install the theme/plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
  • After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
    If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team.
  • The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the (theme/plugin) to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the (theme/plugin) and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site. The fewer plugins the better.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

Please, let me know when you are ready, thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

The topic ‘[Closed] Homepage doesn't translate’ is closed to new replies.