This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 22, 2019 at 4:41 pm #4441645

shmuelT

I am trying to:
Translate my Homepage (HE) into Russian.
For the Russian language I want to use Elementor.
I can edit it correctly. The problem start when I want to see it, the page is not showing any content :S
Even the title of the page showed is shown in HE (חדשות ערוץ 20) and not in RU (חדשות ערוץ 20 RU) .
And when I leave the Elementor Editor and I go back to the Worpress edit page, I see the Content field of the post in blank, empty, and not with the button "Edit with Elementor" in front.
This video explains the issue
hidden link
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

20il.co.il
hidden link

Tישמל טםו כםר איק דופפםראץ

August 23, 2019 at 1:00 am #4443251

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

First of all I can see that the currenlty used versions of Elementor and Elementor PRO are outdated. Please proceed with the updates and also make sure to update any other plugin.

Then I can see that your system is not fulfilling the minimum requirements to run WPML.

Could you please increase the WP Memory limit to 256M? 128M is the minimum required by WPML.
Your current values are:

PHP MemoryLimit 750M (php.in)
WP Memory Limit 40M (wp-config.php)
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* Memory Limit /
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/ That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. /

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly.
If you can get even higher values for the PHP Memory Limit t would be great.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means, with a default theme and not other plugins installed.

Please also change the value of "maxInputVars" inside of your php.ini file. You are currently using a value of 1000. I would recommend you to change this setting to at least 3000.
You can find the php.ini file on your server inside the folder for your currently used PHP version 7.0.33.

Please ask your hosting provider if you need any assistance with this task.

In case the issue still will persists it might be very possible that some plugins are causing a compatibility issue.

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to Elementor and WPML and its add-ons.

If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Let me know about the results. In case the debug-log is very long please add it to a web tool like pastebin.com and send me the link.

Kind regards,
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Homepage in secondary language is not shown when using elementor’ is closed to new replies.