This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
December 5, 2016 at 9:44 am #1151222

ariefw

Hi,

couple days ago i had wpml problem and its resolved by updating the wpml to the 3.6.1 version, and now i am facing new problem, my translated english homepage doesn't show any posts on news section, i have add the the translation manually from its original post (indonesia as default language), the news section itself using plugin shortcode added to theme's homepage.php like :

[tonjoo_ultimate_post_list id='news']

the shortcode will show certain posts that belongs to news post category, did i missed something to config?

December 5, 2016 at 4:04 pm #1151763

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

I understand that your news post are not showing up on the frontend of your site when you switch to English. Can you share a URL with me where I can see this happening? Or if you site is in local development, perhaps share your IP so I can add it to my hosts file and view the site? I will mark the next reply as private so that you can securely share this information.

I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyFifteen. Does this resolve the issue?

December 7, 2016 at 6:03 pm #1154212

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending credentials. I understand that you tested the site with all other plugins deactivated. Please also test the site using a default theme such as TwentySixteen and let me know if the posts show on the frontend of the site.

When I try to view an actual post or list of the news posts, I get a 404 page error. Are you able to view the actual posts? You may want to try using default permalink settings and test if you are unable to view the posts.

December 8, 2016 at 5:04 am #1154505

ariefw

Hi Lauren,

My Apologies, the server's apache directives cause this 404 error, it should be no problem right now

I already try using a default theme such as Twentyfifteen (i put lang-switcher shortcode on header.php and post-list shortcode on index.php) but the frontend still gives "No Post Found" result when you switch into english

please check and i will leave the site with twentyfifteen activated and all plugin deactivated except wpml and post-list related

December 8, 2016 at 7:29 pm #1155333

Lauren
Supporter

Thank you for the additional information. I can see that with Twenty Fifteen, and the homepage set to display the latest posts, the posts ARE displaying on the homepage in English (see attached screenshot). However, there is a section at the top of the homepage titled "News" that says "No Posts Found". How are you adding this section, since the homepage is set to display the latest posts? You mentioned a shortcode, but there is no page set to the homepage, so I am wondering where you are placing this shortcode.

December 9, 2016 at 3:07 am #1155508

ariefw

like i mention on my reply, i put the post-list shortcode on twentyfifteen index.php, right before :

<?php if ( have_posts() ) : ?>

,(see attached screenshot)

just to simulate how if this plugin shortcode behave to wpml when switched to translated version homepage (english) which is the result is 'no post found' even though the latest post show up (you can see the title in english), because the plugin shortcode is just work fine in default language version (indonesia)

December 9, 2016 at 9:27 pm #1156544

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sharing this information. I located the code that you added, and also set the Ultimate Post List type to translate, however the list is still not showing for the English version. It looks like there is a compatibility issue between this plugin and WPML. I searched through the hidden link website but can't find the download page for this particular plugin (hidden link leads to a 404 page). Can you tell me where you downloaded this plugin so that I can try and get a test version to try on a clean install?

December 13, 2016 at 7:36 am #1158503

ariefw

i am afraid there is no downloadable source for this plugin, the plugin come along with the theme that they make for us, i am looking for it into my archive and luckily the original file still there, is it gonna be useful?

December 13, 2016 at 1:55 pm #1158942

Lauren
Supporter

Can you send me the download link for this theme? If it is a theme you purchased, you can zip the theme files and then upload the them to Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with me. I'll make the next reply private.

Was this a custom theme that was developed for your site?

December 14, 2016 at 1:47 pm #1160167

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks so much for the additional information. Since this is not a commercial theme that is available for resale, this issue falls under custom programming and unfortunately providing specific solutions for custom code is not within our scope of support.

At this point I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/. Another option would be to discuss these issues with the theme developers and have them resolve on the custom theme.

December 21, 2016 at 1:24 am #1165248

ariefw

i will discuss this issues with the theme developers, meanwhile can you suggest me some plugin that show the list of post from certain category, or similar function, that compatible with WPML?

December 21, 2016 at 10:04 pm #1166141

Lauren
Supporter

I'm not sure if either of these are compatible as they are not listed on our plugin compatible list, but I found these two plugins that should be able to do what you are trying to accomplish:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/list-category-posts/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-posts-shortcode/