This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
September 20, 2018 at 6:22 pm

mathieuB-6

I am trying to: translate the homepage. The homepage is fully translated, but there's a banner that gets added on the English version (The main language is French).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link / hidden link

I expected to see: The same thing as the French version

-----------
I am trying to: translate the word Accueil in the breadcrumb. It's the only word that cannot be translated. We have tried with the shortcode in the theme, but it did not work..

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the word Accueil translated to Home

Instead I get: always the word Accueil.

-----------
I am trying to: translate the footer. The copyright section is impossible to translate.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: this section translated in English

Instead I get: the section in French.

September 21, 2018 at 4:43 pm #2756023

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @mathieub-6, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Probably this banner is displayed because the page template or some configuration of the translation is different from the original. Please try the following:
- Go to the edit screen of the page (default language)
- Change the language using the Language Switcher at the top admin bar
- If it display a warning, click on "Edit Anyway"
- Check the page template (on the right sidebar) and the page options (if available).
- Save

Please let me know if it worked for you.

May I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for the additional questions? We can work on just one issue per ticket, as they require different types of procedures. This will also help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

All the best,
Diego

September 21, 2018 at 9:12 pm #2756533

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1. To remove page title in the English homepage, edit the home page in French, scroll down until you see the "Multilingual Setup" section and set the "tm_finance_disable_title" to "Copy". Update the page and the translation.

2. The word "Accueil" will show correctly translated if you deactivate the "Replace Default Words" plugin.

3. To translate the footer text go to WPML -> String Translation -> (at the bottom of the page) click the "Translate texts in admin screens" link. In the nex page, find the "theme_mods_tm-finance" option and click on it to expand it. Select the "copyright_text_right" and "top_left_text options. Refer to the strings.png image below.
Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Apply" button.
You will then be able to translate the strings in WPML -> String Translation.

Hope that helps,
Ricardo

The topic ‘[Closed] Homepage Problem + Breadcrumb problem’ is closed to new replies.