This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sander 4 years, 12 months ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Harshad.

Author Posts
Author Posts
December 1, 2012 at 8:09 am #87761

Laura Liliana

hello,

my website's retetecalamama.ro default language should be ro but I get redirected to /en/

WPML Multilingual CMS Installed Yes 2.6.1
WPML CMS Nav Download No n/a
WPML String Translation Installed Yes 1.5.1
WPML Sticky Links Download No n/a
WPML Translation Management Download No n/a

I read that this is a bug fixed in ver 2.6.2, but I can't find it.

Thanx

December 1, 2012 at 8:38 am #87763

Harshad

Dear Laura,

Have you enabled the option to redirect users depending upon their browsers language from wpml -> languages?

December 1, 2012 at 10:45 am #87772

Laura Liliana

hello, no, that option is dissabled

December 1, 2012 at 11:12 am #87775

Gytis Repecka

Same issue as here: http://wpml.org/forums/topic/browser-language-redirection-deactivated-but-still-users-are-redirected/

December 1, 2012 at 1:01 pm #87782

Harshad

Dear Laura and Gytis,

I have sent a copy of development version to both of you.

Please download the development version, go to plugins menu.

Deactivate WPML Multilingual CMS plugin, delete its files complete, then upload the development version and activate the plugin.

Let me know if this resolves the problem.

December 1, 2012 at 3:23 pm #87790

Gytis Repecka

Dear Harshad,

Thanks for DEV version. Installed according to your instructions - problem is solved. Tested two cases:
1. Browser language redirect: Disable browser language redirect - unwanted redirection does not happen anymore, primary language version is shown - OK
2. Browser language redirect: Redirect visitors based on browser language only if translations exist - redirection to secondary language happen, but it is expected according to setting - OK

Thanks, issue solved! 🙂

December 4, 2012 at 8:37 pm #88379

Sander

Hello,

The same issue over here.
I would also be needing the dev version. Could You please provide it as soon as possible.
Thanks

December 20, 2012 at 11:02 am #92241

Alban

Hello Harshad,
I'm having exactly the same problem as the other people you helped by sending a copy of development version. My default language is Albanian and the second one is English. Any time someone open the website it automatically redirects to the English even the default language is Albanian.

Please help!

December 20, 2012 at 11:07 am #92244

Sander

Hello Alban,

I already found the solution here:
http://wpml.org/forums/topic/mamp-issue-wpml-2-6-1/#post-84792

WPML staff has not sent me the dev version nor given any feedback, so a crappy experience here, posted the same question twice.

The topic ‘[Closed] homepage redirects to secondary language’ is closed to new replies.