This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
May 6, 2019 at 3:37 pm

fernandaM

Hi

I already requested help on this topic and applied a CSS code to my website, but it didn't work. I just would like to NOT see the text that appears when I point the mouse to a language. For example: If I point the mouse to "English", there is a text bellow showing "English", which is not necessary.

Also, is there any CSS code that I could use just to change the font color of current AND other languages? Please, let me know. Thank you

May 6, 2019 at 4:26 pm #3751133

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I am afraid this is not possible with CSS. When you hover over a link, the browser decides to do something depending on your project and finally falls to show the content of the attribute "title" of the link.

You can either build your custom language selector and not add the "title" attribute to the link, or wrap link text inside a span with an empty "title" attribute.

Or you can choose to use Javascript, you will need to add the following Javascript snippet to your theme javascript file.

jQuery(function($){
	$('#menu-main-menu-main-navigation-mobile-navigation li.wpml-ls-menu-item a').each(function(){
    	$(this).attr("title", "");
	});
})

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support