This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
April 27, 2019 at 7:31 pm #3696131

simonw-25

how can i change the Language on the option of language (when chinese the english option also show in chinese , it is unfriendly to user) ,
i have already change it in setting but its have not any change in the front end

i mean chinese show in chinese not english , and english show in english not chinese

April 29, 2019 at 4:57 pm #3705723

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

If you go to WPML -> Languages and edit the language switcher, try deselecting the "Current language" option. Does this resolve the issue for you?

If not, please try temporarily switching to a default theme such as Twenty Nineteen. Does the same issue happen with a default theme?

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

May 2, 2019 at 1:18 pm #3724813

simonw-25

i have try to deslecting the current language , and it is nothing change at the frontend .

May 2, 2019 at 6:31 pm #3728253

Bobby
Supporter

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

when i view your site i can see the language switcher showing in your selected language

please let me know if the issue has been resolved now

May 3, 2019 at 7:48 am #3731911

simonw-25

hi bobby , my issue is i want to change the showing name to its language , such as chinese>繁體中文 and english>english not 英語 =] thanks for help

May 3, 2019 at 6:13 pm #3737403

Bobby
Supporter

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Please try the following

go to WPML->languages->Edit languages

within that screen you can add translations for each language name , i believe this might resolve this, please let me know your results

The topic ‘[Closed] how can i change the Language on the option of language’ is closed to new replies.