Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
February 13, 2018 at 1:05 am #1515539

taniaN-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'd like the link in Portuguese language to be only "www.website.com/pt/slug" instead of "www.website.com/pt-pt/slug"

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Please see screenshots

What is the link to your site?
hidden link , but it's down at the moment.

February 13, 2018 at 11:27 pm #1516916

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Please go to WPML->Languages->Edit languages - > Add new language.

You will need to add a custom language and make sure that the 'code' is set to 'pt' , this is what shows in the URL.

also use a different default locale from pt_PT as this is already taken...you can use just pt.
[view screenshot]

Once the language is added, if you have content already created (pages/posts./etc.) you will need to duplicate them from the original PT language to your new PT language and then just remove the old language.

February 14, 2018 at 12:06 am #1516937

taniaN-2

That apparently works, but it seems I cannot upload a flag image (for the language switcher). I'm trying to upload the image, but it gets stuck on a blank page?

February 14, 2018 at 5:37 pm #1518070

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

When clicking on choose file try to navigate to
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/res/flags and choose the pt-pt.png flag from within the folder and save.

Also you can try to move your custom flag within that folder and do the same but first do try and see if your flag already exists in the folder.

what are your results ?

The topic ‘[Closed] How can I change the "pt-pt" in the url to be only "pt"?’ is closed to new replies.