This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

How can I disable post details after translation on transcargo theme?

Solution:

Client edited the translation using the WordPress standard editor instead of using the WPML Translation Editor and the issue is resolved now.

Situations like this occur mostly when a theme is not WPML-compatible like the one in our current case. You can find all the officially-recognized WPML-compatible themes in our directory here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dungD 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 28, 2018 at 8:10 am #2772812

dungD

Post Title & Details visible in default language, but enable in translated page.
this is happen with service pages only.

How can I disable them in translated page?

Thanks

September 28, 2018 at 5:49 pm #2774547

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be very happy to help you with this.

In order to be able to hide specific sections of content that are generated dynamically from PHP and that were not created manually by you, you would need to use either custom PHP templates or custom CSS.

The section we are looking at is generated by the theme and what WPML, as a plugin is practically offering, is the ability to translate pieces of content that you either create on your site manually or that are generated by the theme/plugins you are using.

I bolded the wording "pieces of content" because in our case now, what we want to completely hide/remove here is a complete section of content not individual pieces of content like text or media and this is something that WPML do.

However, I tried to find on your site an example of a translated article so that I can recommend you some CSS rules that you can use to completely hide that section but I could not find any.

If you can create a translated article and give me the link for that, I would be more than happy to help you with some short CSS code that you can use to hide that section even if this request is not related to WPML.

I'll be waiting for your response!

September 29, 2018 at 5:57 am #2775389

dungD

Thank Mihai,

Here is link of translated article: hidden link

October 1, 2018 at 4:07 pm #2778680

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

From what I can see on your site, that section is already hidden on the post page (I am attaching a screenshot, too).

Is this resolved already?

October 2, 2018 at 4:29 am #2780316

dungD

I edit translation use standard editor instead use WPML Translation Editor and my issue is resolved now. Thank you!