Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
July 16, 2017 at 8:20 pm #1320373

elliV

I am trying to:
I need to display some category menus only in greek main menu and not to english one. For example I want Shop and Recipies (Well being/Nutrition/Recipies) not being displayed in Endlish menu. Moreover I want Spiral (Aerial/Spiral) being displayed only in English menu and not in Greek one. But the only way to display something in menus, is to add it in both menus. Could you please help me with that?
Thanks in advance

Link to my site:www.verticalwise.com/en

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

July 17, 2017 at 7:37 am #1320493

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hello, @elliv.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

You write: "But the only way to display something in menus, is to add it in both menus."
Unless I misunderstood what you want to achieve, I tend to not agree with you.
You can add or remove any menu item (including custom links) from the menu in each language save your changes and you will have the menu in this language just the way you set it to be.
The only thing that you need to pay attention not to do is sync the menus through WPML -> WP Menu Sync.
If you do that and sync all the items from one language to another, then you will find the undesired items in the Greek or English menu.
Please read our documentations about translating menus here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] How can I display category/custom link in greek main menu but not in english one’ is closed to new replies.