This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.82 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 8, 2019 at 1:47 pm #3558273

lauraH-4

Where do i need to place the code snippet in header.php in order for the language switcher to display above the main menu.

April 8, 2019 at 2:15 pm #3558777

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Kind regards,
Carlos

April 15, 2019 at 9:10 am #3611447

lauraH-4

Please reopen this ticket. And i will follow up with FTP details.

April 15, 2019 at 3:41 pm #3614759

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
This ticket is still open 🙂

I have set your next answer private so you can provided the requested credentials.

Regards,
Carlos

April 17, 2019 at 2:15 pm #3631837

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

Before we continue I need to ask you to update the Avada theme to the latest version.

Note: Please don't forget to create a full backup of the site before making any change and it is a good practice to keep all plugins and themes up-to-date to avoid conflicts in the code. Also, don't forget to flush the cache memory once the changes are finished.

Looking forward to your message.
Best regards,
Carlos

April 18, 2019 at 1:45 pm #3639693

lauraH-4

Hi,

All this has been done.

Thanks

April 20, 2019 at 7:31 am #3649717

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Carlos is not available today, so I'll continue to handle this ticket. I hope that it is alright with you.

I've checked things on your site. The Avada theme and its Fusion builder are very complex and consist of many files. I tried to check for you where exactly you need to place the Language Switcher to show above the menu, but it was hard for me to figure out how things are configured on your site. Moreover, I'm not so familiar with the file structure of the Avada theme. What I can say is that you need to find the file that outputs the menu and place the Language Switcher code there. You might need to do that in a few places or files because I can see that you are also using a sticky header and mobile menu. From my checks, I can say that it will not be correct to place the Language Switcher code in the header.php. You should look for the right template that is outputs the menu. Here are two screenshots that might help you figure out the place that the Language Switcher code should be inserted.

I hope that this information is helpful to you.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] How can i place the language switcher above the main menu’ is closed to new replies.