This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 28, 2018 at 12:17 pm #2773731

evgeniiB

I was trying to translate page before installing "Media Translation" and now there is no media for translation (pics). Can i delete or refresh translation for page.
Also i use wpbakery page builder and when i try to add translation for second language there is a lot of old pics which i do not use right now on this page. Can i delete them some how.

September 28, 2018 at 5:07 pm #2774497

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

If i understand correct you have translations without media , the default language has the media but the translation does not.

after installing WPML Media did you run its installation and set it to duplicate the media ?

also within WPML->Settings->Post Types Translation-> Media => did you set it to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language".

after these steps are verified and set up , you can go back in the default language -> make sure that the checkboxes on the right hand side for the media duplication are checked , sometimes on existing translations you might have to do it manually and check them.

then click on "update" and now you should be able to see a "loading circile" for the translation, click on it and "update" the translation as well

let me know your results

October 6, 2018 at 6:24 pm #2793043

evgeniiB

Hello! How can I contact you via email or other way to attach screenshots and files to explain my problem? Right now you do not help me, I do not want my screenshots can be seen anyone else but you.

October 8, 2018 at 6:04 pm #2797076

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Were you able to follow the suggestions provided in my previous reply ?

you can share the infromation in your next reply, i will enable the private field reply *usually used for sharing access to the site* and only you and i will be able to access your reply.

The topic ‘[Closed] How can i refresh translation.’ is closed to new replies.