This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mladen Andrejic 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mladen Andrejic.

Author Posts
June 23, 2015 at 8:17 pm #644690

Sam

I am trying to: translate contact page

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I'm using Canvas woothemes for the contact page and I would like to translate the form.

June 24, 2015 at 11:38 am #645196

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

To translate strings from the theme, you will need to scan them and then use WPML String Translation plugin.

Follow the instructions below :

1. Go to WPML > Theme and Plugins localization
2. Make sure that "Translate by WPML" is selected
3. Then on this page you will find section "Strings in the theme"
4. You should click on the button "Scan the theme for strings"
5. When scanning is finished, you should go to WPML > String Translation (please note, if the scanning takes longer than 2 minutes, refresh the page and try again)
6. In String Translation you should search for the strings (e.g. Name with the context of your theme)
7. Here you will be able to translate them, make sure that you have marked the checkbox "Translation Complete" and that you saved it

Here are more instructions with the screenshots as well https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] How can I translate contact page that comes with woothemes canvas theme’ is closed to new replies.