This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by gentjanM-2 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
March 6, 2014 at 4:37 pm #353817

Teamdev

Hi, I'm developing a site and I cannot find a way to translate the titles of the homepage sections from a language to another, because they are set directly in the template builder of the template.

The theme chosen by my client is Belief by Cosmothemes: hidden link.

Thanks for any help!

March 6, 2014 at 9:43 pm #353988

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dear,

Have you checked this in WPML > String Translation? Also, have you tried scanning the theme to try to find these strings? If not, click on WPML > Theme and plugin localization. Make sure that the "Translate by WPML" option is selected. Scroll down the page and look for "Strings in the theme." Then click on "Scan theme for the strings" button.

To check if the string was loaded, click on WPML > String Translation.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

March 10, 2014 at 5:17 pm #355993

Teamdev

Hi Bruno,

I've tried to do as you said, but it didn't work... WPML doesn't find the content of the sections titles.
Any other suggestion?

Thanks again!

March 10, 2014 at 11:38 pm #356171

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dear,

Maybe these strings are directly on your site. This section is a page? If yes, you can search for this in Pages> All Pages.

Also, please open the file from your homepage - perhaps the index.php file of your theme, and look for these strings. If, for example, the strings are like this:

<div class="section">Your Text</div>

replace with:

<div class="section"><?php echo icl_translate( 'wpml_custom', 'wpml_custom_your_text', 'Your Text' ); ?></div>

Please let me know if this solves the problem and if I can help with anything else.

Thank you.

March 11, 2014 at 5:49 pm #356895

Teamdev

It worked!
I modified the code as I needed inside the functions of the template and it worked.
Thanks a lot!

September 14, 2019 at 10:09 am #4572521

gentjanM-2

hey is any video about this because im having some problem