Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by josephS-2 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
February 15, 2013 at 4:42 am #104512

roby

I can not translate text in Theme Options. What I did install:

1. WPML Translation Management
2. WPML String Translation
3. WPML Translation Management

All of contents can be able to translate but only content in Theme Option.

Please Help.

Thanks!

February 15, 2013 at 7:13 am #104539

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Roby,

Text strings saved in theme options need to registered for translation using a language configuration file as shown here: wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Is a wpml-config.xml already prepared for your theme? If not, please read the above linked article especially what it says under "4. Admin texts / wp_options"

If you need help to make your theme WPML compatible can you please provide the name of your theme as well as the name and email of its author with your next reply?

Thank you.

February 18, 2013 at 11:11 am #105149

roby

Hi Sarah

No file wpml-config.xml is existing. I use theme "qresponsive"

Please send it to the email sudarat.s@netforce.com

Thanks for your helps

February 18, 2013 at 1:51 pm #105219

sarah.n
Supporter

Roby,

Is the email you provided above the email of your theme (qresponsive) author? Do you have a link to your theme please?

February 19, 2013 at 7:35 am #105394

roby

Hi Sarah

If it you meant this then this the like of the theme that I purchased

hidden link

February 19, 2013 at 7:39 am #105395

roby

Also I'm trying to create an wp-config.xml follow this tutorial

http://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

And placed in theme root. But It is still not working.

Do you have any assistant what should I do?

February 19, 2013 at 7:56 am #105399

sarah.n
Supporter

To ensure that this theme is made compatible with WPML we need to contact the theme author and work with him on resolving the issue.

You do not need to do anything. We will contact the author.

Once he answers us we will start working on making the theme compatible with WPML.

In the meantime, as it may take a while before we get a reply, I could take a look at the theme for you as the only thing you appear to need is a wpml-config.xml. I will email you so you can send me a copy.

February 19, 2013 at 4:47 pm #105600

James

Hi Sarah,

Sorry to invade this post, but I'm also going crazy trying to figure out how to translate my theme options. I have no idea what to do with this wpml-config.xml, on how to edit or where to find this wp_options table.

I already translated most of the content on the website, except for a few texts that come from "theme options". Is there a way you can help figure this out. My website is hidden link and the theme I'm using is Midway - Responsive Travel WP Theme (Theme Forest). If you contact me directly I will provide you with my login so you can check it yourself if you could.

Will I loose all the content thats already translated if we add this wpml-config.xml file? If so, is there a way to back up what I have translated?

Thanks.

February 20, 2013 at 10:25 am #105748

roby

Hello Sarah

I'm appreciated for you helps. I hope he will reply you back soon.

And yes I wanted you to help to take a look. Can you let me know what files I have to send you.

Thank you

February 20, 2013 at 12:39 pm #105816

sarah.n
Supporter

@ Roby, just send me a zipped copy of your entire theme folder.

@james, I have just sent you an email.

You also asked:

Will I loose all the content thats already translated if we add this wpml-config.xml file?

No, you will not so no need to worry on that account 🙂

The wpml-config.xml will simply register new strings for translation under "WPML -> String Translation".

February 21, 2013 at 7:03 am #106023

sarah.n
Supporter

@james,

I have created a starter wpml-config.xml file for you (find it below) This will get you started but please note that ultimately we will need to contact your theme author to make the theme fully compatible with WPML so if you could please get me a contact email for contacting him it would be helpful. Also a link to the theme's purchase page would be good.

The wpml-config.xml file contents:

<wpml-config>
	<admin-texts>
		<key name="themex_logo_image" />
		<key name="themex_logo_text" />
		<key name="themex_login_logo" />
		<key name="themex_date_format" />
		<key name="themex_header_text" />
		<key name="themex_tours_currency" />
		<key name="themex_tours_currency_position" />
		<key name="themex_search_form_title" />
		<key name="themex_booking_language" />
		<key name="themex_booking_currency" />
		<key name="themex_booking_price" />
		<key name="themex_tours_currency" />
	</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Please create the file and upload it inside your theme folder. It should on the same level as the theme's style.css file. This should register most of your theme options under "String Translation". Do you see them there?

February 21, 2013 at 2:03 pm #106249

James

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the help,we are getting somewhere. I added the xml file and I can see the options added under "strings". But like you said is just a start, I really need the rest of the content.I tried to figure some stuff myself to add manually but it's not going anywhere.

Here is the information about the theme.

hidden link

I don't have the author's direct contact. I can only contact him through theme forest.

Let me know if that's enough. Look forward to getting the rest of files.

Thank you!

February 22, 2013 at 4:17 am #106375

roby

Hello Sarah

I just sent you back a theme zip file in the email. Did you get it?

Thanks

February 22, 2013 at 7:12 am #106398

sarah.n
Supporter

@james, Thank you for the link. We will try to come in contact with him. As soon as he answers us we will start working on making the theme compatible with WPML.

@roby, No I did not receive anything. I hope you replied to the email I've sent you and not to the automatic email notification you get when someone leaves an answer in the forum. Those emails do not come to me. Can you please try again?

February 26, 2013 at 2:39 am #107149

roby

Hi Sarah

Could you please give me an email that I should send to? I have only this email purchases@wpml.org. So I can't send the file to you.

Thanks