Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.78 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kristof 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 22, 2020 at 8:45 am #6424151

Kristof

After we have created the translations of Pages and Elementor Templates, we sometimes need to make small lay-out changes to the original language like some padding/margin, font-size, ...

This of course triggers the translations to be updated, except as there were no changes in text, the translations are already/still 100% completed. But still we need to click on the update icon, click Save and Close, and this for every language in the site. This is taking a lot of time.

Is there a way to update all translation for that element in 1 go?

Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg
June 23, 2020 at 5:34 pm #6437211

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hi There,

You can go to pages->Select the French language for example and then select the translations you need to update.

Once they are selected from the dropdown select Edit and bulk edit them, allowing you to update them together.

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 10.33.33 AM.png
June 23, 2020 at 6:29 pm #6437471

Kristof

Hello,
I've been a long time WPML user, but "Select the French language under pages", I have no idea what you mean. When you mean switch to the French language in the top bar, then there is no update indicator anymore as French becomes the active language, thus I can't "see" which pages need an update.
But if I do select a few French pages and click Bulk Edit, there is no WPML checkbox where it says update. Or do I just update without editing anything?

June 23, 2020 at 9:45 pm #6438475

Bobby
Supporter

I will provide a bit more clear directions.

1. Go to pages
2. Click on French (see screenshot)
3. Now select all or any page that corresponds to your default language one you recently updated
4. Select "Edit" from the dropdown and Apply
5. Then simply click "Update"

That should bulk update all your translate pages without making a change and going from the "Loading icon" to the "pencil icon"

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 2.44.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 2.44.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 2.43.26 PM.png
June 24, 2020 at 8:19 am #6441553

Kristof

Ok, so indeed just like I described in my previous answer, but then there is NO indicator in the french language of which pages need an update, that is only visible for the default English language.
Do you mean I have to write down the pages before I switch to the French language so I know which ones need an update? How will I know?

June 24, 2020 at 7:48 pm #6447561

Bobby
Supporter

This is not a feature WPML provides therefore I am simply providing you with a quick workaround to quickly update the translations.

A way to do this could be to either keep a tab open with the translations so you can see which ones need updating or you could "update" all of them.

July 2, 2020 at 8:39 am #6501743

Kristof

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!