This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertT-24 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
July 25, 2019 at 3:29 pm #4284677

robertT-24

Tell us what you are trying to do?

preview the site in a hidden language (ie, switch language without the language switcher being available on the public site)

Is there any documentation that you are following?

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/hiding-languages-on-the-front-end/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

hidden link - this page has french but no way to switch to it

July 25, 2019 at 4:09 pm #4285087

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

For displaying the hidden language,
Go to the Users -> All Users page and click Edit next to a user that you want to see hidden languages. On Edit user page find the WPML language settings section, enable Display hidden languages option and click Update User button.

Please let me know whether this works.

Also, please enable the Debug Information so that we can provide faster support.

Please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and give me the information in the next reply. You can read the detailed instruction here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thanks,
Rohan

July 25, 2019 at 4:27 pm #4285167

robertT-24

Hi thx for your reply; I had already checked the box for my user to display hidden languages.

Not sure if I am being clear; there is no language switcher. Like, I do not want to show the language switcher on the public site because the translations are not done; I only want admin and translators to be able to preview the translated pages in the new language.

July 25, 2019 at 4:49 pm #4285239

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

If you have disabled the language switcher, you can either switch the language in admin & preview the page or you can directly access the URL of the French page.

Please let me know whether this works for you.

Thanks,
Rohan

July 25, 2019 at 4:56 pm #4285265

robertT-24

thank-you once I went looking for the language switcher in admin that was easy to change content language