We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rohan Sadanandan 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
September 16, 2019 at 8:38 am #4577471

miodragK

I am trying to:
Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:
hidden link

Instead, I got:
hidden link

September 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm #4580907

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Please enable the Debug Information so that we can provide faster support.

Please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and give me the information in the next reply. You can read the detailed instruction here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I don't get the exact issue.

Could you please elaborate on the same?

I just visited this URL: hidden link & it's loading the site in the default language & hidden link is loading the site in the English language.

You can read more about URL options in this documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-url-options/

Thanks,
Rohan

September 16, 2019 at 2:20 pm #4581243

miodragK

Hi Rohan,

Thank you for your reply.

We want for our frontpage hidden link to be changed to:
hidden link.
While at the same time keep /en/ trough links on subpages, for an example: hidden link.

Currently if we remove /en/ from the frontpage, /en/ will be removed from all pages.
We want to have hidden link without the /en/ and keep it on subpages.

We want to know in general, if its possible trough WMPL for the frontpage to have language extension (/en/) be removed and to keep (/en/) on subpages?

September 16, 2019 at 3:30 pm #4582049

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

The normal working of WPML is that the default language will not be having any language code(unless you add one) but the secondary languages will be identified using language code passed from the URL. So if you remove the language code from the URL the system will not be able to identify the language & it will be redirected to the default language page.

At the moment there is no option to remove the language code from your URL.

You do have the option to use different domains per language, for more information on this URL structure please review the following documentation: https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Thanks,
Rohan