Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by miguelC-21 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Riffaz.

Author Posts
July 22, 2019 at 4:22 am #4253763

Дмитрий Яблонский

I have strings for translate, flag is english, but words are Greek (screenshot 1). How I can change language of string

2g.png
1g.png
July 22, 2019 at 4:58 am #4253983

Riffaz

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Please note, WPML was not created to change texts/words or the language of a specific string. It was meant to translate the words. So what you are trying is simply not a feature of WPML.

Anyhow, we can try following steps to change the language of the strings in original or primary language. This may work depend on how the plugins/theme (which has the string that you want to translate) is built.

1. Go to WPML->Languages-> Add new language -> Add a random language
2. Then scroll down and hide this language.
3. Now go back to WPML->String Translation->Select your string -> Change language of string to the newly added hidden language.
4. Now you will have an option to “translate” it on the original language of the theme.

Yet, this is NOT a good solution, this should work by default. If not, there should be some incorrect or not standard code in the theme or plugins and WPML will not check this as it is NOT a WPML feature.

Regards,
Riffaz.

March 17, 2020 at 10:57 am #5700789

miguelC-21

Good afternoon at first I did not try to change anything I explained that it was a mistake
Please contact a colleague for support in Portuguese, I have difficulty understanding

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.