If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nxl1107 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 1:21 pm #4013211

nxl1107

Thank you for reply.
I changed and added "HongKong" and "Singapore" but is that allright?

"HongKong" and "Singapore" are use English language but use local currency.

Regards.

June 13, 2019 at 1:42 pm #4013377

nxl1107

One more thing.

I added "Taiwan" language but it's not change "Traditinal Chinese" language.
Please check attachment.

Regards.

June 14, 2019 at 9:32 am #4019857

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Currency has no connection with the language you can use any currency for any language.

I am not sure I understood your second issue Since you have added Taiwan as a new language you might need to translate each of them to Taiwanese. Or is it something else which i am missing here ?

Kind regards
Raja

June 15, 2019 at 2:20 am #4024775

nxl1107

Hello.

I added Taiwan from "languages → Add / Remove languages" and i wanna use "Traditional Chinese" when i use Taiwan language.

How can i change that setting?

Regards

June 17, 2019 at 4:19 am #4032017

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Sorry, I don't understand your request, I am reading your request as you want to use Traditional Chineses translation in Taiwanese language selection is that correct?.

In that case, you can manually add them while doing the translation.
However, I have checked your language settings everything seems to be perfect for a good start.

Kind regards
Raja

June 17, 2019 at 6:18 am #4032311

nxl1107

Thank you for reply.

Please check this URL.
It was made for Taiwan (TW) but the item information is written in English instead of Traditional Chinese.

Here is what I am trying to do.
・I want to make the URL /tw/xxxx/ for Taiwanese users.
・In case of Taiwan, I want the display language to be Traditional Chinese language.

Regards.

June 17, 2019 at 10:06 am #4034287

nxl1107

Hello

Sorry to bother you again.
I can't add "Menu" of Taiwan language.
Does that have anything to do with this?

Regards.

June 17, 2019 at 11:30 am #4034911

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

- You can manually add or translate the URL slugs as per your language, WPML only provides the interface to do it.

- Adding a new Langauge has some setback you have to manually add each translation of the theme and plugins string and the content to Traditional Chinese.

To add the menu to the translation please refer to the URL, It has more details https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

I hope this helps you better.

Kind regards
Raja

June 18, 2019 at 10:19 am #4042655

nxl1107

Hello

You mean should i select "Traditional Chinese" of Language setting when i use for Taiwan?
Shouldn't i add "TW" custom language?

June 19, 2019 at 4:38 am #4047931

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I mean even though you have chosen the language as Taiwanese you can still add Traditional Chinese content to Taiwanese language while translating to Taiwanese.

You have already added TW as custom language, to make the language work with machine translation and to make it properly indexed by Search engines the language code is added zh-hans-TW

Your current settings would be sufficient for your requirement

Kind regards
Raja

June 19, 2019 at 7:05 am #4048585

nxl1107

Sorry again...

How do i link to Traditional Chinese to custom language?

I already added Taiwan custom language(screenshot1) but it can't change Traditional Chinese language(screenshot2).

June 19, 2019 at 11:55 am #4051251

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

Please note once you have created a custom language, You have to translate each content manually to that language, Since you have created a custom Taiwanese language, You need to manually add the Traditional Chinese content to the taiwanese language it is not possible to link to the existing translation

Since Taiwanese is not a supported language by WordPress you have to create a translation of Each string manually from string translation as well. for eg to translate My Account goto WPML > String translation search for "My Account" and add/copy traditional Chinese text to Taiwanese language.

Reference : https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Kind regards
Raja

June 19, 2019 at 12:08 pm #4051313

nxl1107

Thank you for reply.
Ok but Taiwanese use "Traditional chinese language" in general.

Search engine(Google) can understand "for Taiwanese page" when i use "Chinese (Traditional) zh-hant"?

June 20, 2019 at 4:59 am #4056633

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

To make search engine understand Taiwanese uses Traditional Chinese I have suggested using the hreflang code zh-hant-TW which is very well understood by the search engines.

Kind regards
Raja

June 20, 2019 at 6:11 am #4056825

nxl1107

OK, Thanks!