Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:How do I completely disable the Translation Priority function?

Solution: there is no option at the moment to disable this feature but you can edit your priorities as you would your categories

please review the following documentation and let me know your results

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/adding-priority-to-your-translations/

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Pieter 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 31, 2018 at 6:17 pm #2599547

Carsten Lund Thomsen

HI, I can't find any option setting to completely disable the Translation Priority function. We are not going to use it and it confuses the editors.

I deleted all priorities but that didn't help either. 🙂

Could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

July 31, 2018 at 11:38 pm #2600002

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

I believe there is no option at the moment to disable this feature but you can edit your priorities as you would your categories

please review the following documentation and let me know your results

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/adding-priority-to-your-translations/

August 1, 2018 at 7:03 am #2600745

Carsten Lund Thomsen

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for your quick reply! That's kind of disappointing. 🙂

The function takes up quite a lot of space in the already packed post editor. And as we don't need it, it's especially irritating.

But I have found a solution myself: Hide it with css.

For others who are looking a solution for this too, here it is: Add the following code to the functions.php file of your theme.

// Hide WPML Translation Priority options.
add_action('admin_head', 'my_custom_admin_css');

function my_custom_admin_css() {
  echo '<style>
    #icl_translation_priority_dropdown {
	display: none;
} 
  </style>';
}

Have a great day!

January 18, 2019 at 10:21 pm #3107403

Pieter

The solution that @carstenl suggests is nice, because the feature is out of sight, but the underlying problem is still there.

One area where it manifests itself is when adding a language and later removing it again. Then the user is stuck with a number of instances of "inactive content", which are caused by the translation priority.

I would like to suggest to add a filter to this function that allows disabling for people who don't need this feature.