This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by francisS-9 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 7:04 pm #4129625

francisS-9

I want to do some of the translations myself and send the rest to the professional service. But the problem is if I do this then the file is marked as being in French (I'm translating French to English). And I cannot add the file to basket.

July 2, 2019 at 9:19 pm #4130083

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

I did not recieve any information about your site and system.
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Are all used plugins up-to-date? Please go to PLugins -> Add new -> Commercial and click "search for updates". In case newer WPML versions for our plugins are available proceed with the downloads and activations.

Did you activate the Classic Translation Editor or the Advanced Translation Editor?

In case you are using the Advanced Translation Editor please go to WPML -> Settings -> How to translate Posts and Pages.
You should see here at the right side a grey box titled: "Synchronize Translation Managers and Translators".
Do you receive any error when you click it? If so, what does it say?

Further, please verify if all users that are assigned as Translation Managers or Translators do have a valid name and email inside of the WordPress User section.

If this will not solve the issue please enable the wp-debug feature and provide me the results of the debug.log file.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Now, please try to create a tranlsation job again. Possible errors will be saved at this moment inside of the debug.log file inside of your site´s folder named wp-content.

Please provide me the results. In case the debug.log is very long paste it to pastebin.com and provide me the link.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 3, 2019 at 7:02 am #4132487

francisS-9

Hi Andreas, thank you. But why was your colleague not able to point out the solution?

And give information like this:

In case you are using the Advanced Translation Editor please go to WPML -> Settings -> How to translate Posts and Pages.
You should see here at the right side a grey box titled: "Synchronize Translation Managers and Translators".

It seems that you don't work from a common knowledge base. For this reason working with this plugin is very frustrating and believe me many people are abandoning you.

July 3, 2019 at 7:03 am #4132489

francisS-9

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! But please talk to your boss or someone to improve support. Everybody should give the same answers.