This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How do I edit a page built in Divi that already has a WPML translation?

Solution: Do I open the English page in the Divi visual builder, make the text changes and what then? - yes, this is right.

How do I then proceed for the translation of the new English text into German? - then you will get a gear icon here https://take.ms/dCvLj - click on it. - you will not see 100 percentage green here: https://take.ms/f4aGI - so you can simply translate and changes and add the words as you want and save.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by micheleG-15 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
April 3, 2019 at 2:42 pm #3527419

micheleG-15

Dear WPML-team,

I have translated our webpage (hidden link) from English to German using WPML a few months ago.
Now we want to make some changes to the copy on our webpage.

What is the best way to do this?

Do I open the English page in the Divi visual builder, make the text changes and what then? How do I then proceed for the translation of the new English text into German?

(We mainly want to make changes to existing text blocks. There is one new text block we want to add to the page.)

Thank you for your help!

.michele

April 3, 2019 at 4:08 pm #3528483

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Do I open the English page in the Divi visual builder, make the text changes and what then?
- yes, this is right.

How do I then proceed for the translation of the new English text into German?
- then you will get a gear icon here hidden link
- click on it.
- you will not see 100 percentage green here: hidden link
- so you can simply translate and changes and add the words as you want and save.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

April 5, 2019 at 10:57 am #3543495

micheleG-15

Dear Riffaz,

Thank you for explaining the steps. It worked well 🙂

All the best,

.michele