This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 17, 2019 at 10:04 pm #4038857

aidanR

I'm tryin to edit translated markers so the link to translated versions of external pages. For example, in the attached screen grab of the translation editor for hidden link , I need to edit that marker/link so it will point to the Spanish version of that external link ( hidden link ), but the links behind the markers don't seem editable, and I wasn't able to google a solution. What am I missing, here -- it seems there must be a way to edit those links, no? Thanks!

June 17, 2019 at 10:52 pm #4038929

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

The Advanced Translation Editor will automatically adjust media and internal links.

External URLs will not be able to be adjusted at the moment from within the Advanced Translation Editor. Our developers are aware of this and have list it as a feature to be added in the future.

at the moment please try the following.

edit the default language page-> switch the language using the language switcher to keep you in the page builder view and then you should be able to switch the external links and update the page.

let me know your results please

June 17, 2019 at 11:12 pm #4038967

aidanR

OK, so, just to be sure, when I do that I'll get the warning "You are trying to edit a translation using the standard WordPress editor but your site is configured to use the WPML Translation Editor." and I'll just click the Edit Anyway button, correct?

June 18, 2019 at 12:34 am #4039039

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

that is correct, just click edit anyway button

June 18, 2019 at 2:04 am #4039215

aidanR

Hmm, I tried editing one link on the French page, that way, and I lost half of the translations for that page, including all those links. I managed to resurrect the translations by going into the French translation editor for that page and saving out the translations again, but now the translation editor for the French version is in a different, older looking format than for the others (see attached). And the link isn't changed -- I assume I lost that edit when I resurrected the translations.

June 18, 2019 at 3:09 am #4039753

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

i just test it on my local enviroment and it worked as expected

if possible i would like to take a closer look and test this on a "duplicate" of your page or even a test page

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site .
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

The topic ‘[Closed] How do I edit the url in a translated marker?’ is closed to new replies.