If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pierre 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
March 2, 2015 at 11:41 pm #569720

wendieW

I am trying to: export XLIFF file

I visited this URL: http://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-desktop-cat-tools/

I saw instructions to "go to WPML->Translation Management->Translator notifications."

but my WPML interface offers no tab or section called "Translation Management"!

what is the easiest way to send XLIFF files to our translator?

March 3, 2015 at 3:08 pm #570184

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

You have to install the WPML Translation management addon. Go to Account > Downloads (on this site) and get the latest version of this plugin. Upload it on your site by FTP and activate it.

Now you should see a "Translation management" submenu in WPML.

You will have to follow the translation management process explain on these pages to create translators and send translation jobs:
- http://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/translation-management-features/
- http://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

When a translator will be assigned some translation jobs, he will be able to export the XLIFF files in their WPML > Translations page (see screenshot).

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Pierre

March 3, 2015 at 8:44 pm #570434

wendieW

this works great. thanks.
but now I tried to send XLIFF files to a translator and nothing arrives. I checked spam folder and tried mulitple email addresses. I set the notification to "immediately"

March 4, 2015 at 12:43 pm #570822

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

We found an issue for this email notification in the current WPML stable version. This will be fixed in the next WPML 3.2 stable version.

Although I am temporarily closing this thread it will be kept in our records so I will update you as soon as we can provide you with some more information.

Thank you,
Pierre

The topic ‘[Closed] how do I export XLIFF files?’ is closed to new replies.