This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 8:25 pm #4556389

michelleB-8

Tell us what you are trying to do? I have recently migrated my site which has wpml installed under previous host's wpml license. I have purchased my own wpml license and need to know if it can just be transferred? Or will I need to download and install new plugin, when it already has one?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

September 12, 2019 at 5:27 am #4558393

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. You can use existing plugins with updated license key and you can change license key by following below steps:

1. Please go WP Dashboard >> Plugins >> Add New >> Commercial tab >> click button “Unregister WPML from this site” -- screenshot attached. (If you cannot see this button, it's fine you can go directly to the 2nd step below).

2. Please Login to your WPML account >> go to Sites page >> and add your site / domain >> it will give you New key which you can add back in your site: https://wpml.org/account/sites/

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] How do I switch from previous user's wpml account to my own on my website?’ is closed to new replies.