This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How do I translate Billing Payment Confirmation headers?

Solution: - Go to WPML->String Translation and delete the "Shipping for our wholesale customers will be calculated during packaging and billed later. Free shipping for orders over $1000" strings - Now try to view the strings in front-end once. - After this go back again to WPML->String and translate the string from "admin_texts_wwpp_dynamic_free_shipping_title" domain and " wwpp_dynamic_free_shipping_title" name.

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andrewG-21 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 12, 2018 at 2:10 pm #2727825

andrewG-21

I am trying to: Find the area in string translations to edit the Billing Payment and Confirmation headers in the cart.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (login required)

I expected to see: These should be translated already.

Instead, I got: No translation

September 12, 2018 at 6:37 pm #2728691

andrewG-21

Also, I am starting to translate courses that I created in Woothemes Sensei. Do you have any information on where to start with this?
Thanks
Andrew

September 14, 2018 at 10:04 am #2735027

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Please follow the below steps to translate those strings:

1) Go to WPML->Themes & Plugin localization and check the "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation" checkbox
2) Once saved go below the page under "Strings in the theme/plugins"
3) Choose the theme & WooCommerce that you are using and select the "Scan the themes/plugins for strings" Button
4) Once the scanning process is finished, go to WPML->Strings translation - Search for the strings and translate them to the secondary languages.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Regarding the plugin, I don't find any documentation on our site regarding this, could you please point out the specific plugin name you are using? You can also contact the plugin author to see if they have any documentation for WPML compatibility.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 14, 2018 at 6:37 pm #2736456

andrewG-21

Hey
I was wondering if you had documentation on setting up woothemes-sensei? As they are quite a large/popular LMS plugin I though you might have some information?
https://woocommerce.com/products/sensei/

Thanks
Andrew

September 17, 2018 at 4:19 am #2739603

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am sorry but it seems we don't have documentation about configuring this plugin right now.

Being so, if you could explain on which settings or configurations you are confused, I can try it myself and provide you with some steps to configure it properly.

Thanks

September 17, 2018 at 1:14 pm #2741084

andrewG-21

Hi
Thanks for getting back to me. I figured out the Billing, Payment and Confirmation headers in the cart - they ended up being string translations in the Theme.

For Sensei. I've got several courses, lessons and quizzes that will get translated but no sure if I should start with courses first and then move on to lessons or vice versa. Also, Sensei generates a called My courses and courses overview page. Do you know if these get automatically created in French once you start adding translated courses?

Thanks
Andrew

September 18, 2018 at 8:06 am #2743969

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I've got several courses, lessons, and quizzes that will get translated but no sure if I should start with courses first and then move on to lessons or vice versa.

You can start with anyone, courses, lessons or quizzes.

Regarding the pages created with the plugin, you will need to create a translation of the pages yourself. https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

Thanks

September 18, 2018 at 2:42 pm #2745489

andrewG-21

Hi Shekhar
Thanks for the info. I think I've got a hand now on creating the courses and lessons. A couple of sort of related questions.
1) Sensei sends out an email when I person completes a course. It is supposed to be possible to create a French version of this email but I can't find it in String Translation? I enter some of the English content from the email but it can't find it. See what I am doing here: hidden link
2) Also I am trying to change some English text in the Billing area that doesn't seem to want to change. I've got the French in the there but it still shows English. See what I am doing here:
hidden link

Thanks for your help
Andrew

September 19, 2018 at 1:55 pm #2748980

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Could you please provide me login details, so I can quickly check these settings and suggest you a solution?

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues needs some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Thanks

September 20, 2018 at 9:03 am #2751545

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Regarding the email strings, not appearing, I followed the steps as mentioned here and scanned the plugin strings and it's showing properly. https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-translate-billing-payment-confirmation-headers/#post-2735027, you can search for "You have completed" to find the strings.

Regarding the English text, I couldn't debug this properly as your FTP details are not working, could you please check the ftp details and update it, you can edit your previous private reply if you wish to make any changes.

Thanks

September 21, 2018 at 1:23 am #2753485

andrewG-21

Hey Shekhar
Thanks for finding the email string translations for me. I did not see these in there when I looked the first time.
I double checked the FTP info and logged in using it. It is accurate. The only thing that might be off is I usually don't specify a folder so in the support form I put "/" for folder so that the form submitted.
Please let me know if you are still having difficulties.
Thanks
Andrew

September 21, 2018 at 3:36 am #2754002

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello Andrew,

The FTP details are still not working, do you have a specific port for this? Also, can you check if there are any IP restrictions?

Since the FTP is not working, I request you to send me the plugin file that is generating that messages, so I can debug the issue quickly. You can send those files using google drive, add the link in the previous private reply.

Thanks

September 21, 2018 at 1:11 pm #2755262

andrewG-21

Hey
This might be it! I use Port 2222

Thanks
Andrew

September 25, 2018 at 4:03 am #2762468

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Still not working, I request you to send me the plugin file that is generating that messages, so I can debug the issue quickly. You can send those files using google drive, add the link in the previous private reply.

Thanks

September 25, 2018 at 4:51 pm #2764817

andrewG-21

Hey
I added to my private message.
Thanks for your help.
Andrew