Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
June 29, 2022 at 2:14 pm #11568967

solomonA-3

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am adding the WPML and Currency Switcher on my website's header, but it doesn't appear nice when clicked for it to drop down, as seen on the site, appearing before the Login at the far top corner.

The site is covered with Under Construction page, so You will have to first login with these admin details, then you can view the page -
hidden link. User: Admin, Password: yPass123&*.

After login in to the Admin page, then you open hidden link to have access to the front end.

I want both menus when clicked to appear like the Language switcher on the menu

June 30, 2022 at 7:50 am #11572921

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there and thank you for the credentials.

I was able to properly log into the backend and then see the homepage where the issue that you reported is happening.

From what I can see, there's custom CSS that is coming from the theme that you are using that is pushing the content to the right, so the currency switcher and the language switcher are getting mixed up together.

Also, the dropdown styling is affected by this custom CSS that is coming from the theme.

This requires custom front-end work to accomplish what you wanted (which falls out of the purpose of our Support Policy) and would require a front-end developer or a WPML contractor (https://wpml.org/contractors/).

But, if I were you, I think I would try to get in touch with the developers of the theme (it seems that you can contact them here: hidden link) and they might be able to write some custom CSS for you for free to accomplish what you wanted.

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

June 30, 2022 at 10:29 am #11574873

solomonA-3

Thanks for the reply.

But how do I get the country abbreviations besides the Map for the language? For instance, instead of France, I want to see Fr.

And with the currency, I want to see the country map beside the currency sign.

Trust you can help with that. Thanks

July 1, 2022 at 7:29 pm #11587145

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there and welcome back.

From what I can see on your website, the header looks way better now and it seems that the issue is resolved.

Can you please confirm?

Thank you.

Mihai

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.