Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 26, 2020 at 3:20 am #6873121

rafaelM-29

Since I have had several difficulties to translate the categories and I have wasted time doing it manually, I would like to know how I can use the automatic translation of WPML to translate the categories in bulk?

August 26, 2020 at 3:24 am #6873153

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

It's not possible to bulk translate categories at the moment directly, but you can follow the below steps:
- Create a test page
- Add all the untranslated categories to this page.
- Translate the page using Advanced Translation Editor.
- You can use automatic translations for these categories.
- Once done, refresh the other pages which consist of these categories, and update them.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 28, 2020 at 12:22 pm #6894179

rafaelM-29

hi again, sorry to be so intense, but i have not found solutions to import the products correctly in 2 languages

I have a doubt, I realize what you recommend when creating a sheet where I included all product categories, but I would like to know if the errors persist for the following reason

- I uploaded a file with 500 products that have more than 9 attributes and categories each product, in that sense it is as if I were uploading almost 4500 options

- I am uploading the bulk load with ALL IMPORT and I am following all the recommendations in this tutorial https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/, But when I upload the products with the second language it does not work for me, if the categories that appear in English in the second file are different due to the translation that the WPML automatic translation option generates, it is possible that that is why the files do not connect correctly ?? because the translation has some difference between the file I upload and wpml automatic translation, and none product is working in both languages

August 28, 2020 at 12:29 pm #6894203

rafaelM-29

I am also seeing another possible error

the products in excel that is uploaded at ALL IMPORT, must have this character "|" To differentiate one attribute from another, just like the categories, but at the time of translating with the WPML automatic translation, the categories go from being like this:

Drums | Bass | Marimbas Bells and Tempered Percussion | Electronics

to

Drums / Bass / Marimbas Bells / Tempered Percussion / Electronics

the character is changed

this is the original file in english: hidden link

August 31, 2020 at 9:54 am #6905433

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The files are connected using connector id, so if the connection in both the CSV files are correct and set according to documentation, this shouldn't create any issues.

To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Thanks

September 3, 2020 at 12:35 am #6929859

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

We recently released a new version of WPML plugins so can you please update the plugins to the latest version and let me know if that helps.

We push out WPML releases gradually. If your sites haven’t received this update yet, give it some time and you’ll see the update in a few days.

To skip the queue and get the update right away, to the Plugins → Add New page, click the Commercial tab and then click the Check for updates button.
https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/wpml-force-plugin-update-1.png

Note: Keep a Backup Before Updating

Further, can you please provide me the import ids that you are imported along with some product links where the issue can be seen, also I will create a new duplicator with small file size so I can download and test it, is that ok?

Thanks

September 7, 2020 at 9:31 pm #6959747

rafaelM-29

yes, i am using the id: connector for uploading the csv files in spanish and english, as the tutorials recommend to do , you can download from the all import the original files, there are two, the first one, has just like 2 products and the other one, has all the content like 500 products (tracks)

September 8, 2020 at 12:22 am #6959915

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I can see the plugin is not updated yet, can you please update it. The latest version of the WPML Plugin is 4.4.1. Instruction is provided in the previous reply to force update plugin.

Can you provide update the plugin and re-upload once to see if that helps? I suggest you try with 1 product firsts.

Once done, provide me some products links so I can test this further.

Thanks

September 10, 2020 at 12:46 am #6979891

rafaelM-29

ok, i already did the update of the plugin

i send you the file with just 2 products in:
spanish:
hidden link

and english
hidden link

September 10, 2020 at 3:35 am #6980779

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I was trying to test the issue by importing the products, I see the product import is set up correctly. I imported the product and tried to search the product in the Spanish language, but it shows fatal error is happening on the site.

There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about debugging in WordPress.

Also, I tried to open this page hidden link and it's showing

This page isn't workingdrimtracks.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

So it looks like there is some PHP error happening on the site, I enabled the wp_debug to show the errors on the wp-config.php but the error is still not showing, so can you check if there error reporting is disabled on the site, also check if the PHP error log are saved somewhere else than wp-content. You can consult with your host and ask about this.

Thanks

September 11, 2020 at 4:32 pm #6996079

rafaelM-29

The link for products in English, it should not be this link? hidden link ,but I need the products to be reflected in the product table hidden link

September 14, 2020 at 1:55 am #7003905

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Can you provide feedback on the last reply I provided, did you consult your host? what was there feedback.

Thanks

September 15, 2020 at 4:32 pm #7019991

rafaelM-29

hello again, for now we are waiting the answer of the host, but related to my questions is ok? or I am Wrong in reference that the web in english it should be like hidden link ??

September 16, 2020 at 4:03 am #7022637

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The link for products in English, it should not be this link? <em><u>hidden link</u></em> 

I think this is correct if you want a different URL format, you can change it from WPML->Languages URL format section or change the default languages accordingly.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] how I can use the automatic translation of WPML to translate the categories in bulk?’ is closed to new replies.