This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 12, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4199277

Christopher Isak

Hi team, I have chosen WPML for the automatic machine translation but I seem to have to go through each post for this manually even if the content is then translated by a machine. Can this be done in bulk? I have 2k+ posts to manage this with.

I also would like to know how often the quote for machine-translated words is updated, please. Are those 2000 words per day? Per month? I ran out of quota after 3 or 4 posts and there are thousands to go.

Many thanks!

July 12, 2019 at 1:57 pm #4199515

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

As it is mentioned here (https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/how-automatic-translation-works/#machine-translation-word-quota) there is a 2000 free words machine translation quota and it is per WPML account.

That quota doesn't refresh every day, you would need to purchase more after you have used them or to remove older content to make some more room for the free quota.

Regarding the process of machine-translate in bulk, unfortunately, there is no way to do that for the moment. We are constantly working on improving the ATE features. You would need to open each post and use machine translation.

I hope that I was able to help you with my answers.

If you still have questions regarding this, please let me know.

I will be more than happy to help.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei